Time to ditch Chrome Browser ?

RakaKaKaka

Adept
Jun 28, 2016
My company laptop is a i3, 4gb ram win 10 with a slow hdd. Firefox works way beter than chrome at multitasking.

Reactions: Marcus Fenix

ssslayer

Adept
Jun 30, 2006
Pune
These days on Ubuntu I have found a weird problem with Firefox.
Whenever I open Firefox fresh it takes forever to load the first page.

Also if I open more than 4-5 tabs of youtube in background (with no video running) Firefox hangs causing the entire PC to freeze.

Not finding the same problem with Chrome ... so I will willingly continue to send data to Google by using Chrome

puns

Section Mod
Mar 24, 2005
New Delhi
These days on Ubuntu I have found a weird problem with Firefox.
Whenever I open Firefox fresh it takes forever to load the first page.

Also if I open more than 4-5 tabs of youtube in background (with no video running) Firefox hangs causing the entire PC to freeze.

Not finding the same problem with Chrome ... so I will willingly continue to send data to Google by using Chrome
Usually when an extension is interfering with loading and running of browser, this happens.
Tried incognito and also fresh install of browser

gamingstill

Creating New Experiences
Adept
Oct 25, 2008
Delhi
www.nervousfrog.com
Hmm. So it seems like Tor and Opera are the best choices right now. I thought Firefox is the best option but seems to be resource heavy thesedays.
Firefox Quantum works well and is light enough for even an old system.
Firefox used to by heavy. Those days are gone like the overheating AMD processors. :)

Reactions: puns

CapriAnupam

Adept
Apr 1, 2012
I never liked Chrome. Haven't installed it on my computer ever. I don't use it on my Android phone too. I have been using Firefox since many many years now, both on PC and the Android phone. Works great.

Reactions: puns