Time to ditch Chrome Browser ?

Hows Brave ?
I have not heard it before but if security is the top priority the eyes closed go for tor as even the internet black market uses it on for transit [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] reset I normaly use firefox or opera which have VPN in it as chrome is a power sucker [emoji23]

Firefox is nearly dead after google invested secretly a huuge sum..
Already firefox was depended on google for years for setting google search as the default search engine in firefox.

Firefox now takes maximum CPU/MEMORY power and multiple processes which is hard to kill even technically.. overriding the settings.

Google almost killed its biggest competitor.

I've used opera since it's inception many years back .
I remember Ver 3.6x .
But now it's owned by a Chinese company .
So one must accept that they steal our data .
I still use opera though as I'm quite used to it .
Light on resources unlike chrome .
Inbuilt ad blocker .
Free VPN .
Cheers !
Ankush .

Hows Brave ?

Brave uses chromium browser code and disables chrome ads and cookies and fingerprinting to push ads of their own brave network which deals in some cryptocurrency called brave coins. If the website didn't opt in to brave ads, all its ads are disabled. If it opted in to brave ads, then the ads are shown and brave gets a portion of the ad revenue. They also have payment system (guessing that we buy the coins in dollars and donate them to each website as money to not show ads) where you pay money to websites to not show ads.

Firefox now takes maximum CPU/MEMORY power and multiple processes which is hard to kill even technically.. overriding the settings.
Huhh??? What are you smoking buddy? :p
I have completely switched to Firefox on my low power rig running an Intel Atom CPU.
Firefox Quantum is much faster and easier on resources than Chrome(that too with a ton of extensions, custom scripts on GreaseMonkey etc.). The only reason I haven't switched to Chrome on my laptop/gaming rig is history sync(which Firefox has as well but I am already handing over my data to Google and I would rather not add another entity with access to my browsing history).
At least with Google I have some trust. If Mozilla Foundation goes bankrupt the highest bidder gets all browsing data.
Look at the <500 MB usage there and look at the itty-bitty CPU on which its running so smoothly with 10+ tabs open.

Huhh??? What are you smoking buddy? :p
I have completely switched to Firefox on my low power rig running an Intel Atom CPU.
Firefox Quantum is much faster and easier on resources than Chrome(that too with a ton of extensions, custom scripts on GreaseMonkey etc.). The only reason I haven't switched to Chrome on my laptop/gaming rig is history sync(which Firefox has as well but I am already handing over my data to Google and I would rather not add another entity with access to my browsing history).
At least with Google I have some trust. If Mozilla Foundation goes bankrupt the highest bidder gets all browsing data.
Look at the <500 MB usage there and look at the itty-bitty CPU on which its running so smoothly with 10+ tabs open.

Thanks for this. Easily lower resource hungry compared to chrome.

Back