Budget 10-15K Time to replace Moto G3, after 3 yrs legacy & love

Doremon

Adept
Dudes, its time to upgrade by replacing old Moto G3, a true legacy of 3 yrs behind!. Gifted by wify on bday and G3 is still running without a single leg!....... Super performer, loving it but now multitasking, loads, storage and speed are the prime requirement and hence tickling this post to get the right choice!

1. Budget?

A: INR 10k-15k (on a very tight budget, wish to save a single penny)

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 6" fix. I checked Nokia new 6.1, 7.1 but screen size 5.8" feel tiny and small. Would like to stick to min 6". Well, not sure on IPS LCD/AMOLED, FHD as I hv zero knowledge here:p

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android, preferably with last two generation. No Apple and Windows phone though.

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G volte and above

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No LG, Vivo, Oppo like brand.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A : Speed+storage+battery life+smooth & fast operation+ easy interface+decent music quality+style with build quality are the prime factors.
Standard photo/video quality expected.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New only. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: At least 4 GB RAM + 64 GB internal memory, expandable to 256 GB min.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Confused with so many new entrants in this segment. So no specific model but inclined towards Xiaomi, Samsung, Moto, Honor .....

Thanks.

Last edited:
The Mi A2 is available with some pretty good offers. It was available 2 days back for an extra Rs.3000 off on exchange, and a couple of weeks before that it was an extra Rs.2000 off. Amazon Prime day should be coming up soon, and I'm sure that it'll be available at a deep discount again. Also the Poco F1which is at 18,000 today should be on offer again.
They're not on your list, but they're great phones, and they're more likely to be available at deep discounts than the phones you've been looking at.
The Mi A2 comes with stock android, and an unlockable boot loader. I picked up one last month, and installed a custom ROM on it within an hour of taking delivery. The only thing it lacks is an SD card slot.

The 4gb/64gb variant is available for 14k. A very vfm proposition at the price it comes for.
4/64 RN7Pro @ 14 k?!! ...where ?... its super deal buddy....
Post automatically merged:

The Mi A2 is available with some pretty good offers. It was available 2 days back for an extra Rs.3000 off on exchange, and a couple of weeks before that it was an extra Rs.2000 off. Amazon Prime day should be coming up soon, and I'm sure that it'll be available at a deep discount again. Also the Poco F1which is at 18,000 today should be on offer again.
They're not on your list, but they're great phones, and they're more likely to be available at deep discounts than the phones you've been looking at.
The Mi A2 comes with stock android, and an unlockable boot loader. I picked up one last month, and installed a custom ROM on it within an hour of taking delivery. The only thing it lacks is an SD card slot.
I personally impressed by Mi A2 when taking in hand. thin, light weight, steel body. But lack of super notch view leaves me a dot. The plus is Android One so getting updates.

Poco F1 indeed a power house ... wow 845 chipset and 630 GPU with 2.8 clocking speed!.. amazing but out of syllabus as its haunting around 18k... if its touch near 15k, I would be first to steal it !..

RN7 pro 4x64 with 645 CPU and 48MP camera at 14k (As per logistopatch post above), then I zeroed down there for sure with expecting some more few bucks down by replacing wify's old LG Q6 or daughter's RN 3.

Edit : Real Me: feel like carrying unknown host ! ...Lol.... particularly when being asked by some one !

Dude, I forgot to revive that I am music lovers. Hope RN7 Pro sound quality is decent.

Last edited:
RN7 pro 4x64 with 645 CPU and 48MP camera at 14k (As per logistopatch post above), then I zeroed down there for sure...

Dude, I forgot to revive that I am music lovers. Hope RN7 Pro sound quality is decent.

Nice choice finally. You won't be disappointed at all as I myself a music lover who doesn't like those often tweaks and jugaads and someone who prefer bliss music without much tuning is impressed with Rn7 Pro. You get all basics as with all phones and I feel the base music player does a decent job and the earphones choices and tweaks work wonders even on 3rd party earphones or headphones.
Rest you can always opt for other music apps.

4/64 RN7Pro @ 14 k?!! ...where ?... its super deal buddy....

Goes on sale on Wednesdays.

Goes on sale on Wednesdays.
Thanks Bro
Post automatically merged:

Nice choice finally. You won't be disappointed at all as I myself a music lover who doesn't like those often tweaks and jugaads and someone who prefer bliss music without much tuning is impressed with Rn7 Pro. You get all basics as with all phones and I feel the base music player does a decent job and the earphones choices and tweaks work wonders even on 3rd party earphones or headphones.
Rest you can always opt for other music apps.
Thank God. Hope RN 7 pro compete my life time favourite Moto G3..

What about ads that pop up on Xiaomi phones? Does one have to disable ads for every app in the settings? This is one reason I've been shying away from this brand.
These can be easily disabled. You dont even have to root at all. Just have to take bit of pain to open xiaomi apps and disable the ads by disabling Recommendation option. Google around and you will find more. Another option I heard about is to set your region to any of those European countries and you then do not have to take more steps further.

These can be easily disabled. You dont even have to root at all. Just have to take bit of pain to open xiaomi apps and disable the ads by disabling Recommendation option. Google around and you will find more. Another option I heard about is to set your region to any of those European countries and you then do not have to take more steps further.
Yes. The best way is to set the Region to UK and Reboot ur phone. All the ads will be gone! There's absolutely no need to root the phone.

Yes. The best way is to set the Region to UK and Reboot ur phone. All the ads will be gone! There's absolutely no need to root the phone.

Does the Google play store work normally for people who change regions? I switched my region to Japan and the play store was acting wonky and just closed down whenever i tried to browse it. Then changed it back to India and still it was acting all wonky. Had to reboot the phone to make it work properly.

Does the Google play store work normally for people who change regions? I switched my region to Japan and the play store was acting wonky and just closed down whenever i tried to browse it. Then changed it back to India and still it was acting all wonky. Had to reboot the phone to make it work properly.
Due to this issue I wont recommend changing region as it even screws your clock. You are only left playing with some utc pst etc thing to match to ist. As you cannot have IST configured for UK right as logically these wont match.
So best option is to disable ada manually and even if those apps get updated the setting remains untouched.

Poco F1 indeed a power house ... wow 845 chipset and 630 GPU with 2.8 clocking speed!.. amazing but out of syllabus as its haunting around 18k... if its touch near 15k, I would be first to steal it !..

With sale and exchange offers on old mobile, you can have it in less than 15K mark. Like currently, on MI website there is a sale sort of where you get 3000 extra off on exchanging old phone. Check it out, as if you factor in that 3000 extra off with exchange, base variant is at 15K.

How's the camera compared to the one plus
Haven't even opened it, Its lying in the box. Just bought it coz op3 had an exchange price of 9.3k.

Edit- So Amazon reduced the price of the old price by couple of grands now op3t exchange value is 7k.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190617-120226.jpg
    Screenshot_20190617-120226.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Back