Times Now First Denies Airing Doctored Video, Then Concedes it Did

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
This whole fiasco and how its blown out of proportion is absurd. Even assuming they were raising slogans about freedom for Kashmir, they are no less right or wrong than Gandhi or any other activist who who raised slogans or fought for Independence of India from the British.

Kashmir like so many others in the sub continent was a kingdom on its own. It was annexed into Independent India using threats and blackmail of the then then King who conceded it even though the people there never wanted to be part of neither India or Pakistan. Kashmir was seen as a heaven on earth and the sole reason both India and Pakistan fought for it is because it had such huge potential for revenue generation, but now it has been turned into hell. If people could demand for independence of India from British empire, then I don't see anything wrong with people asking for independence of Kashmir from India.

Whats even worse is how the people from Kashmir and especially the Northeastern sister states like Mizoram, Nagaland are treated. People vehemently claim that these are parts of India, but the people from these regions are alienated and harassed and treated in a sub human manner. If that is the kind of treatment they get, they are fully justified in asking for independence from a country that treats them so poorly.

Lastly, calling these people pro terrorists or anti nationals is also a matter of perspective. Bhagat Singh and Chandra Shekar Azad were both bonafide terrorists by the very definition of the word and the then govt also saw them as such. Yet here we are hanging photo frames of them in govt offices and idolizing them as great revolutionaries and freedom fighters. In fact, even LTTE's terrorism was supported by the Govt of India for a time and there are people who support their actions to this day.

No violence is justified, but the people are hypocrites to idolize violence and terrorism in one form and only condemn it when they are at the receiving end of it.

I agree, alienation and ignorance (mainly by the central govt) caused all these. They want their resources but didn't want to improve the regions.
As for the whole JNU/Kashmir its also a matter of one's opinions or mindset. But fact now is JNU people didn't actually raise pro-Pakistan slogans but raised their voices against the treatment meted out to the "terrorists" or whatever people want to call them. But typical Indian political parties exploiting this unfortunate event for their own profits. Sadly even the people are judging based on the opinions of the political parties which they support. However as more and more reports pour in it seems like the students punished for this "anti-national" acts were actually not guilty at all. I also happen to have many friends there in JNU.
Personally I standby the JNU students union (since day 1). DU is screwed up because of things like moral policing, pro-"insert people/party/etc," there is no space for for a proper debate or discussion. I know because I spent some years in DU and honestly the way the administration is being run and the typical stereotypical mindset of the people there makes me want to puke. Some parties with hidden agendas want to turn JNU into DU with restrictions all over the place. And some aholes are taking this chance for their 15 seconds of fame. :mad:

Well, I do agree. The way the govt is going at it, they seem to have a strong reason to nail these students even if its by doctoring fake evidence.

In any case, sentiments like nationalism and patriotism are no different than religious fanaticism. Its alright to adore the nation that you are born in, but these
hypocrites never even bother to know, let alone perform the duties of a citizen of this nation, but go on doing atrocious things on the pretext of patriotism. One of these student's sister is getting rape threats from some of these over zealous scum and there are others are trying to justify this behavior. All this talk of nationalism and patriotism is nothing more than nonsense of such hypocrites.

Then there is the other fiasco of hoisting national flags in Central universities at a over-bloated cost of 45 Lac each and a maintenance cost of 65k per month. I mean seriously? This looks the equivalent of the 6000 Rupee toilet paper in the CWG scam. Its so absurd. The Govt wants people to give up subsidies, but here they are wasting tax payers money. How many new schools can be setup and teachers hired for that kind of cost. If all that is needed is hoisting the national flag (which I don't think is a bad idea), how about doing it in a more reasonable manner and at a reasonable cost. In fact, every year even the flags hoisted during the Republic and Independence days are not cared about once the festivities are over. Where were these hypocrites taking about patriotism and nationalism then.

Well, I do agree. The way the govt is going at it, they seem to have a strong reason to nail these students even if its by doctoring fake evidence.

In any case, sentiments like nationalism and patriotism are no different than religious fanaticism. Its alright to adore the nation that you are born in, but these
hypocrites never even bother to know, let alone perform the duties of a citizen of this nation, but go on doing atrocious things on the pretext of patriotism. One of these student's sister is getting rape threats from some of these over zealous scum and there are others are trying to justify this behavior. All this talk of nationalism and patriotism is nothing more than nonsense of such hypocrites.

Then there is the other fiasco of hoisting national flags in Central universities at a over-bloated cost of 45 Lac each and a maintenance cost of 65k per month. I mean seriously? This looks the equivalent of the 6000 Rupee toilet paper in the CWG scam. Its so absurd. The Govt wants people to give up subsidies, but here they are wasting tax payers money. How many new schools can be setup and teachers hired for that kind of cost. If all that is needed is hoisting the national flag (which I don't think is a bad idea), how about doing it in a more reasonable manner and at a reasonable cost. In fact, every year even the flags hoisted during the Republic and Independence days are not cared about once the festivities are over. Where were these hypocrites taking about patriotism and nationalism then.
Shut up you two or else the Bhakts will come for you............

^LOL. Btw 40L for a flag... Holy... I didn't know that we had surplus money. :D
Meanwhile the lawyers who attacked the protesting JNU students appear to be still scot-free. I guess if you are a lawyer its legal to beat up people who do not share your views. *chuckles.* Delhi police, whoever the DPC may be, don't seem to be capable enough to handle situations like this. The former/ex-commissioners faced the same problem. I wish the new Commissioner the best.

College used to be the ideal place to get all the anti-whatever stuff out of your system before settling into the monotony of salaried life. Now if people want to do stuff like that, they are expected to move to Pakistan fsr.

Ever since the "thewire" report it seems like Arnab Goswami and Times Now are going hellbent on keeping the JNU protestors in an even worse situation trying to keep people away from the whole "doctored video" drama he was in.
Meanwhile,
JNU row: Lawyer arrested in connection with violence at Delhi
court

http://timesofindia.com/india/JNU-r...lence-at-Delhi-court/articleshow/51111688.cms
and,
When in ditch, dig deeper? Delhi Police chief Bassi says questioning
cops on JNU sedition is blasphemous

http://indiatoday.in/story/when-in-...-on-jnu-sedition-is-blasphemous/1/603262.html
Hope this guy rot in hell. You may not know or remember but one of charges which he placed against the JNU students was "devil worship." LOL. I didn't believe it at first when other people said but I'm seriously beginning to think that his actions are politically motivated. **** him![DOUBLEPOST=1456304450][/DOUBLEPOST]Thousands of ABVP supporters held a mass rally in Delhi against the opposition to the protest held in JNU. Many underage school kids were there which prompted CNN IBN to ask if protest was more important than school and the kids said yes. Wtf?
I bet they were brainwashed into it. Some really bad parenting there.
Meanwhile the attack on the muslim ASI in maharashtra has been turned into, correct, politics. This govt. is in chaos.

Last edited:
Smriti Irani sent out a flurry of attacks on the opposition with full enthusiam. Some self-contradictory stuff.
Also India Today did an independent investigation into the matter and questioned the security guards who were on duty that day. India Today also cross-examined the various videos which were shared on social media including the "doctored" video. Safe to say the arrested JNU student union leader is not in the wrong. Sedition charge should be dropped and he should be released. Hope his lawyers will do something about it.

That speech by Smriti Irani is a joke. She cherry picks all the bad stuff and mentions it. Aunty National should also post all the good stuff those students do to give a balanced picture.

That speech by Smriti Irani is a joke. She cherry picks all the bad stuff and mentions it.
Ye, that's what pissed me off. Could be because she couldn't get into JNU. :D
Aunty National
Ohh gawd *my sides*[DOUBLEPOST=1456419796][/DOUBLEPOST]Lol yet another Smriti Irani's fiery claim with factual errors. She claimed yesterday that the Hyd student Rohit who committed suicide could've been revived if immediate treatment was given and that no one bothered to revived him. The doctor who rushed to the place and the student who called the emergency ambulance refuted the claim lol.
http://indiatoday.in/story/smriti-irani-factual-error-rohith-vemula-loksabha-speech/1/605323.html

Last edited:
Debate between the different students organizations on the JNU issue ongoing on India Today/Headlines Today. ABVP guys lost their shit. I think that at one point the Delhi Secretary for ABVP said to shoot students shouting anti-national slogans. Lost his cool right there in a public debate. Ouch.

Arnab Goswami invites panelist just so he could put words in their mouth and label them anti national. Most if not all, panelist condemns the anti national slogan. According to Arnab, being present at the crime scene is a crime - it doesn't matter who the actual criminal is

The sad tragedy in all of these political dogfights the actual importance of an educational institute where people actually go to study is lost. I am more worried about the fact that these institutes are moving away from education to everything else.
On Kashmir - from a purely security perspective would Pakistan stop meddling in India if Kashmir becomes independent is the bigger question? I doubt that would happen.
The North-east again has it's own unique story which is different from Kashmir I dare say (I am from the place).

Back