Tired of FailTel... Suggest if I should move to MTNL

shashank_r_t

Disciple
I am currently on Airtel 1Mbps so called unlimited plan which FUPS after 20 GB of usage to 512 Kbps (yes its a old plan)

Normally I end up on FUP in a week or so.

Planning to move to MTNL for 1 Mbps non FUP plan (ok to spend upto Rs 1500 on net connection)

Please advise if MTNL is the way to go. I stay in Mumbai (Mulund east) Hence suggest if any other good ISPs are present nearby (fine with local cable connection also if its good)

Thanks . .Shashank

Go for MTNL's newly launched DSL_UL_1333 plan. 1 mbps day/2 mbps nights and Sundays. Best there is out there at that price point. No FUP crap. Consistent speeds and no downtime.

never had downtime on mtnl..just minor hiccups for server maintenance for hour or so...but i can adjust that much ;)

have heard about mtnl's frequent disconnections and landline call problems when net is active

i have asked many of my friends but i m totally confused whether to convert to mtnl or

currently using hathway and their service has been great for the past 3.5 yrs

was thinking of creating a poll for mtnl whether to convert or to stay with hathway

Airtel has some 75 GB and 150 GB plans now which will be enough for you and you will enjoy a much better experience because MTNL is difficult to deal with if you don't spoil yourself by exceeding the limit (75/150GB respectively).

Hi all .. thanks for ur repsonses...

Well... for me going MTNL way will start from booking the telephone line ... so its either Airtel or MTNL.. cannot keep both due to our building's "intelligent wiring"

Besides saw the thread where MTNL is throttling or capping speeds.. so not sure if thats a concern..

BTW ne idea whats the time frame and the process (remember I need to start from booking telephone line) ?

There isnt downtime ,but while your playing multiplayer games like cs or dota there is a high chance of get disconnected ,i know this because Im using mtnl at present the connection isn't for people who game online,if you want a stable connection you should look into hathway,but even they have fup.

joel.monty said:
There isnt downtime ,but while your playing multiplayer games like cs or dota there is a high chance of get disconnected ,i know this because Im using mtnl at present the connection isn't for people who game online,if you want a stable connection you should look into hathway,but even they have fup.

My current connection is more than stable... in fact I rarely have down times. I am moderate gamer.. but mostly in to single player games... rarely game online..

I want to switch from Airtel.. only bcoz of their crappy plans and the FUP.. .nothing more..

swastikrj said:
have heard about mtnl's frequent disconnections and landline call problems when net is active

i have asked many of my friends but i m totally confused whether to convert to mtnl or

currently using hathway and their service has been great for the past 3.5 yrs

was thinking of creating a poll for mtnl whether to convert or to stay with hathway
I dont know how many times i should repeat this on this forum...But if you are having parallel lines and having problem because of that then use a splitter it solves all problems.Disconnections due to parallel lines is not related to MTNL guys in anyway nor are they responsible coz they dont support parallel lines idea in first place. :/

I bought MTNL in my office just 2 days back. I am using the 599 unlimited plan. But since I have started using it, every half an hour to one hour, the net gets disconnected. I am already hating it. I made a complaint to them. Lets see how it goes. But if I want to cancel it, will I get a refund for the modem?

@OP before you get mtnl. For once try to call 5net to check if they service in your area.
Some users have got deals from them for about 10k for flat 10mbps annual No FUP plans.
If they do not service in your area then go for MTNL.

piyushjeswani said:
I bought MTNL in my office just 2 days back. I am using the 599 unlimited plan. But since I have started using it, every half an hour to one hour, the net gets disconnected. I am already hating it. I made a complaint to them. Lets see how it goes. But if I want to cancel it, will I get a refund for the modem?

I retured the modem to MTNL (New Delhi) but there were no refund of Rs. 800/- security deposit paid at the time of booking of connectin. BTW if you have Wirelsess modem you may sell it to me.

MrRIG said:
I retured the modem to MTNL (New Delhi) but there were no refund of Rs. 800/- security deposit paid at the time of booking of connectin. BTW if you have Wirelsess modem you may sell it to me.
Yes, I do have a wireless modem. They are charging 600 for it. I have made a complaint to them. I will wait for a week. If the service doesn't improve, I will definitely discontinue and sell the modem to you.

Back