To change the ip address

shivam99aa said:
I use my net through netsetter.a person told me that we can change its ip address can anyone tell me how to change its ip address.
I guess you are saying about idea netsetter, its just a usb modem for accessing internet and does not contain any static IP address. IP address is assigned by your ISP or GPRS provider.

i guess what you are doing is ipconfig at the cmd prompt, this only displays the current ip address. In dial-up connection as you are using the ip address is dynamic and not static and cannot be changed by the user, it is assigned automatically by the ISP.

Also micromax netsetter or netwarrior plz confirm

i suppose you are using tracert command for some site, if yes then you ip will be caught in the log file. I you want to hide your ip then better use some anonymous proxy server, which will be hard to trace back.

pratulk09 said:
i guess what you are doing is ipconfig at the cmd prompt, this only displays the current ip address. In dial-up connection as you are using the ip address is dynamic and not static and cannot be changed by the user, it is assigned automatically by the ISP.

^^ You are correct...
shivam99aa said:
it is micromax netsetter and if we start to trace any internet account then will our ip address will go to him
What do you want to do exactly?? Do you want to surf anonymously?? Use anonymouse.org

shivam99aa said:
it is micromax netsetter and if we start to trace any internet account then will our ip address will go to him
Doesn't matter, as when you'll connect next time it'll be changed. So don't worry.

And someone can't do any harm with your IP as long as you maintain your security from your side.

If you want to perform any suspicious activities then it's different case. In that case police would trace even if you manage to change your IP :p

krishnandu said:
Doesn't matter, as when you'll connect next time it'll be changed. So don't worry.

And someone can't do any harm with your IP as long as you maintain your security from your side.

If you want to perform any suspicious activities then it's different case. In that case police would trace even if you manage to change your IP :p
exactly cyber police just need to trace the log files that are maintained in the server of ISP as well as the site that you visit, they will just check the ip assigned at a particular time and trace it to you. If you want ip security then try some high anonymous servers. Proxyway or OpenVPN are good alternatives that perform quite nicely you can try them.

how can i use some anonymous proxy server which will not be treced back and what u are saying is right i am using tracert command.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

anonymouse.org is not working every time i go to open a site it tries to download a file after which link opens and closes that soon,it is not working.

shivam99aa said:
how can i use some anonymous proxy server which will not be treced back and what u are saying is right i am using tracert command.

anonymouse.org is not working every time i go to open a site it tries to download a file after which link opens and closes that soon,it is not working.
Use Tor, but one min. it's slow like hell, and doesn't only depends on your speed but also the node's speed.

i tried to download tor also from dap but it never started either it tells the size of the tor

i tried to download tor also from dap but it never started either it tells the size of the tor and also tell me what is node's speed

Back