Too many contraditions - Google Microsoft Bhai bhai?

KingKrool

Skilled
Look at these screenshots.

Note the Google ad.... to hire developers for Microsoft... on Land of MS haters aka Slashdot!!!

Now look at the next one:

Google advertising MSN search on youtube.

Clearly

1. Google just loves money

2. Microsoft doesn't care who it is paying

But I prefer to think of it as Google Microsoft Bhai Bhai

Google and M$ aren't in direct competition with each other, so like somebody else said I think its just pure business here.

Now if M$ ads were on an Apple site or Sony site...that would be more weird.

yep...pure business.........i think some guys had even pointed out a lappy on AMDs site having a intel C2D or a nVIDIA onboard....one of these ...now u temme , wat can be worse than this ?

See, its not that Google had MSN ad on its front page. I think and hope google has built in some kind of intelligence into its system on whom to keep out on their own pages. For rest of the things, how does it matter what ad it puts out? (as long as it gets its money)

1. MS ad on slashdot page.

2. MSN search ad on Youtube.

First one is a nonissue. Second one is a bit odd as Youtube is Google's own but a different service. And maybe because they know the effectiveness of ad hits on such places ;) - Actually I really dont know.

But for me, Both are not much of an issue. Google knows how good their product is and would have some safeguards when things come close to hitting its business. Till then M$ is just a well paying client :)

And I think both google and MS are trying to stay clear of each others path. or just acting like that and have their cards to show when things get much tighter.

KingKrool said:
Look at these screenshots.
Note the Google ad.... to hire developers for Microsoft... on Land of MS haters aka Slashdot!!!
/. likes ad revenue. So many times you will see an ad disguised as something else ;).

I think the MS haters are just the loudest minority there, in terms of numbers MS users would be in the majority, given the market shares each has alone.

KingKrool said:
Google advertising MSN search on youtube.
Clearly
1. Google just loves money
2. Microsoft doesn't care who it is paying
But I prefer to think of it as Google Microsoft Bhai Bhai

It's not like MS ads can suddenly grab ppl from other platforms just by being there, iow there is no threat. They are not head-to-head competitors like say Pepsi & Coke are.

^ I dont think so. If im in business I can say no to a potential client if I dont like to do business with him/her. Its a right for any business.

Its not something related to antitrust thing AFAIK - but im no lawyer

Google can't be beat. It's the same with Apple. MS could probably pay Apple to sell Zunes in their stores and I'd bet they'd accept.

Perfect scenario of "you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours", despite them directly competing on many levels - search, advertising and office apps. This partnership appears to be targeted at Yahoo's advertising program which has started to do pretty well.

Things could blow up anytime though, like it did with eBay and Google back in June. eBay was Google's largest Adwords customer and Google walked into the eBay Live conference and announced Google Checkout :) Direct competition for eBay's PayPal... so what did eBay do? Meg immediately pulled out of the Adwords program and Google execs went nuts and pulled out of the conference itself lol. So this Microsoft-Google bhai-bhai arrangement seems temporary until one of them pi$ses the other off :p

Back