Windows Tool to Organize (Edit/Delete/Rename/Tag/Album) media files (photos/video) in different formats/folders

Futureized

Skilled
I have several thousand media files collected from many different devices like handycam, photography shoots/videos, different mobile phones, all placed in different folders on my PC.
Since I have got a 1 TB BackUP thanks to @gourav for same..

I am planning to upload this entire data to cloud. (300 gb+) but before uploading I want to organize them properly so that it would always appear clean and useful for future.
Organize as in rename them, add to albums, add tags, etc. (no conversion required)
Its time consuming, but will have to do it myself since those are life long memories.

I think this does everything you want. Its multi OS - Windows, Mac & Linux. Has support to directly upload to various online cloud storage services. Completely free too. You can donate a few dollars to them if you like the software a lot.
digiKam

@6pack Thanks trying..
Post automatically merged:

Sorry.. its too complicated even to select the directory at first screen ??

Last edited:
Youtube video is for linux, but its probably same for windows too. You can always search youtube for tutorials related to anything.

Windows version by a professional photographer

Google Picasa is a simple and easy to use photo/video organizer. Once you have finished organizing the photos with proper tags, it can even move the files into folders based on your filter criteria.

Any reason why you are not going with Google Photos? Do you need original resolution on all the photos?
Yes @Marcus Fenix I have 1 TB free for year for penny.. which no other services are worth being on CLOUD..
But only MICROSOFT. I am fine with upload speeds...
Google Photos requires upload first (over 100 GBs of data)
As mentioned, looking for offline solution which first fixes file names etc. (i know it has to be done manually) but easiest way, trying solution from @6pack again.

I used to use a software called DCE AutoEnhance in the late 90s / early 2000s. The cool feature it had was that you could do batch processing of a full folder and have the date and time printed on it along with any custom text (font, color, location of the text etc). So I used to process them with date (from EXIF) and location / Occasion (manually). That version of the software is no longer supported.

The new version is $25 but I doubt if it supports tagging.

Thank You very much.
Tested many tools/options only thing I founded was to detect duplicate files (which is already done) using a tool duplicate file ***

But unable to mange same, trying acdsee, but its too much learning, i remember using acdsee (.) com tools around 20+ years back.. when they were eastablished..
Post automatically merged:

Manual rename is only option left for huge ligh quality videos..
Letting all photos as far as it goes into various directories..

Wanna have fun with 1 TB.. (its 10+ years data maxing about 190 gb i guess).. nothing for entire year i assume.

Back