Top 360 picks today/till date

Aphro_EVO

Disciple
Hey Guys! I recently got myself a 360 Slim for the Easter. After my launch 360 had conked off 3 months into its life, I did not dare to get myself one until now. I bought crysis 2 and NFS:HP to kickstart, finished them already. So since I have been totally out of the xbox gaming scene, I need a few suggestions regarding what games should I be picking up. I know its very subjective but I seek your opinion on the following titles -
Kane and Lynch Dog Days - I love crime thriller/dark stories told with good graphics, but the reviews havent been pretty. Someone who is into this genre and played this one, let me know.

Super Street Fighter 4 or Mortal Kombat - I loved SF4 for the short while I played it. Last MK game I played was MK4 port on PC and I loved it too. If you have played both which one would you pick.

Gears of War 2 - I havent played Gears.

Enslaved - Downloaded the demo from XBL and it seems to have a promising story with pretty nice visuals too.

Apart from these games I would want some suggestions from your end as well since I have not seen much gaming action in the last year and a half apart from the obvious BF:BC2 and SCC on the PC. I got two promo coupons from GameStop need to put them to good use. :)

I'd suggest Gears and Gears 2 ( well, if you haven't played Gears on the PC that is ). Both are brilliant games, and I just finished the latter a couple of days ago.

Alan Wake (Highly recommended, even if you are not in horror genre)

Gears of War 2 (You don't necessary need to know story much since its a run down shooter)

Bayonetta (Over the top hack and slash)

Vanquish(Over the top shooter with interesting fighting mechanism)

Enslaved is good especially the story, its one of the games which when completed felt like i wanted more of it.

No Xbox is complete without Assassins Creed Series or GTA Series

Go for GTA 4 and EFLC(Each at 999).... Also buy Ac2 or 3

Aphro_EVO said:
Kane and Lynch Dog Days - I love crime thriller/dark stories told with good graphics, but the reviews havent been pretty. Someone who is into this genre and played this one, let me know.

If you have played the first Kane & Lynch game (and loved it), then this will be a sheer disappointment. The campaign is extremely short and the story isn't as compelling as the first game. Multi-player might be a bit interesting, but I never really got to that side. For me, the first game really set the expectations high, in terms of a good character development and compelling story. This game had a very innovative gameplay style, however, it didn't really match up to the expectations. There were some really good moments, but they were completely over-shadowed by the overall dull and abrupt ending. The first game felt raw and presentation felt like a movie. So I'd advice you to skip it, unless it's going for really cheap, and I mean REALLY cheap.

Aphro_EVO said:
Super Street Fighter 4 or Mortal Kombat - I loved SF4 for the short while I played it. Last MK game I played was MK4 port on PC and I loved it too. If you have played both which one would you pick.

I haven't tried the former, but have played till the second chapter of the latest Mortal Kombat and it is mind-freakin'-blowing. GT has rated it a whopping 9.4. The story mode was awesome. Moves and combos are very easy to perform. Heck, even the Fatalities are just 3-4 button combos, unlike the earlier versions, where you needed a bazillion button combination to perform one. X-Ray moves are fantastic. So this is definitely must have from my side.

Aphro_EVO said:
Gears of War 2 - I havent played Gears.

*faints* :dead:

The reason for getting a 360 should be Gears and Gears 2 only. Both games are the pinnacle for the entire 360 line up. You can play the first game on the PC for a completely superb visual experience and the second is an exclusive, so...what are you waiting for? ;)

Aphro_EVO said:
Enslaved - Downloaded the demo from XBL and it seems to have a promising story with pretty nice visuals too.

This is a very good game. I enjoyed it. A good mix of action and adventure with a decent story to boot.

Aphro_EVO said:
Apart from these games I would want some suggestions from your end as well

In no particular order:

Alan Wake

Condemned 2: Bloodshot (play the first one on PC)

The Darkness

Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy

Perfect Dark Zero (I know it's very old, but it's really good)

Halo: Reach (and previous Halo games if you like them)

Red Dead Redemption

Mass Effect 1 & 2 (if you haven't played them on PC already)

Also check out some great XBLA games like Shadow Complex, Scott Pilgrim V/S the World, Limbo, The Dishwasher, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Geometry Wars etc.

There are not many exclusives out there but as the others have mentioned already grab a copy of GeOW2, Alan Wake, Halo 3, Halo: ODST & Halo: Reach.

Some XBLA titles worth a try - Limbo, Trials HD, Shadow Complex.

MK3 is just awesome especially you can pickup the game and start performing combos and fatalities , its long time that a fighting game is being so awesome

there might be games we all missed out, check out this link for all the super games on the 360. - Highest and Lowest Scoring Games at Metacritic

But there's still one game that i fricking love and would love if you play it, its Splinter Cell - Conviction. A Hellova game, its one of the best games from 2010 for me.

dinjo said:
MK3 is just awesome especially you can pickup the game and start performing combos and fatalities , its long time that a fighting game is being so awesome
What do you mean by MK3? I thought the new one was MK9?

teja92 said:
Well I know that dude..

Just wanna use a shortcut..
That shortcut is ACB and not AC3 :p

IDK know if you are a fan of cross-overs, but I liked MK Vs DC. Try Shank from XBLA.

My other picks would be Vanquish, Bayonetta, and NFS:HP which you have played already.

If you are a fan of racing games, then play Blur and Split/Second. Refreshing change from the NFS games.

phoenix844884 said:
IDK know if you are a fan of cross-overs, but I liked MK Vs DC. Try Shank from XBLA.

My other picks would be Vanquish, Bayonetta, and NFS:HP which you have played already.

If you are a fan of racing games, then play Blur and Split/Second. Refreshing change from the NFS games.

Shank looks good for sure, havent played anything like this. Yeah heard a lot abt bayonetta, that's definitely on my to play list.

Back