Audio Top tier IEM or custom Iems?

Hi guys,

I am too confused with this and I need you guys to help me out with this. :S

I was thinking of getting my Tf10's remolded from Unique Melody.
The cost of getting the Tf10's remolded is around 300SGD.
That would make a triple driver custom iem.

Now, I can get a used top tier iem for that price. And have two top tier IEMs rather than put all my eggs in one basket.

Fact: I really like my tf10's sound sig and getting them custom remolded would make them even better.

As the primary genre, I listen to mostly electronic dance music, EDM.

What do you guys think?

TF10's are great with highs and lows and you like it so stick with it . custom fit will considerably improve them in both aspects.

But i'd suggest that you make UM add another mid driver. UM IEMs have great mids, this way you will have 4driver TF10 with great mids ...and the cost is not that high also.
at null audio its s$418 with enyo cable ...add another $42 for lune silver cable.

though super said that null-audio is slow. But they did respond to my email quickly. i am assuming UM does their remoulding cause they have UM customs listed there. Better ask them to be sure.

Frankly speaking if you want my suggestion , chuck everything else and go for the JH13/16 once and for all. I know , it will be way beyond the budget but I feel its better than keep on upgrading every few months. That's what I personally feel. I am sure guys like Ritvik,Superfrag etc will be able to relate to this better. I am myself sick and tired of my brain playing these games with me .Especially after losing these TF10s even before I could get my hands on them , I don't feel like spending on any high end IEM unless I try it and fall in love with it.

If you want to save money get hold of a used JH13/ UE11 pro or some good top-tier customs and get them remolded by Unique Melody .I am sure the JH13s have enough bass to let you continue with the TF10 like bass and sound signature :D .

Well,

Benny Do You always Use TripleFi for All Work .I Mean Music Or You Have others too .In Customs there is no way to audition them right ,Who knows man

You get demo pieces of the customs too. I'm guessing Jaben will have the JHA demo units. I did exactly what Faheem suggested in his post. One big upgrade and I'm done with portable gear. Get the JH-13 or the 16 if you need the extra bass. Its only $100 more but I don't like too much bass. No more spending on various mid/top tier universals and comply tips :)

FaH33m said:
.... I am myself sick and tired of my brain playing these games with me ......

I'm not dying in a year......besides, what will i do in life after getting a JH16......you guys will miss me for sure :p

FaH33m said:
If you want to save money get hold of a used JH13/ UE11 pro or some good top-tier customs and get them remolded by Unique Melody .I am sure the JH13s have enough bass to let you continue with the TF10 like bass and sound signature :D .

Used customs is a big no no. It doesn't make sense to spend so much on IEMs and not get a warranty. I'd like to enjoy my IEMs and not live in constant fear of them getting spoilt even with the slightest acceptable abuse.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Well,
Benny Do You always Use TripleFi for All Work .I Mean Music Or You Have others too .In Customs there is no way to audition them right ,Who knows man
I did try the JH10x3 at Jaben and liked the sound signature. It was very different from the triple fi. They had a pair universal pair with silicone tips. And yes triplefi are my fav. primary iems whenver i'm outta my house or at work.

bennysachdev said:
I'm not dying in a year......besides, what will i do in life after getting a JH16......you guys will miss me for sure :p

Used customs is a big no no. It doesn't make sense to spend so much on IEMs and not get a warranty. I'd like to enjoy my IEMs and not live in constant fear of them getting spoilt even with the slightest acceptable abuse.

I did try the JH10x3 at Jaben and liked the sound signature. It was very different from the triple fi. They had a pair universal pair with silicone tips. And yes triplefi are my fav. primary iems whenver i'm outta my house or at work.
Well,

Assuming You Like TripleFi I Think its Better To Keep like this or if you are getting the tickle reshell the same into custom.Where are you based these days .

Its about 260 SGD for the reshell on my JH's and that was including the 50 for Fedex charges. A little under 9k if I'm not wrong.

Well,
Assuming You Like TripleFi I Think its Better To Keep like this or if you are getting the tickle reshell the same into custom.....
You just repeated my Question Amarbir.....are you just trying to increase your post count or was there a hidden message in your reply that I din't get? :p

Ritvik said:
Its about 260 SGD for the reshell on my JH's and that was including the 50 for Fedex charges. A little under 9k if I'm not wrong.
True, Stereo does it from UM and Jaben gets it done from JH or livewires AFAIK. Stereo takes 225 incl fedex charges + 60$ for getting an impression so i figured its gonna be around 300$ either ways.

^ null audio gives 1year warranty for the driver they add with 30 day refitting warranty.

Warranty:
1 month free re-fitting guarantee
1 Year labor and parts warranty
yeah going all theway is a better option though but if you can save that much.

Forgot about the impressions. Got mine done thrice before I left India. It's Rs.100 per ear :p

If you do end up getting the TF10 remold, get the Westone cables, they're supposed to be better than the Ultimate Ears ones (UM offers you both), think its about s$10 more than the UE cable

Ritvik said:
Forgot about the impressions. Got mine done thrice before I left India. It's Rs.100 per ear :p

Lol ,

Well Beat That Now ,where How when haa haa .
bennysachdev said:

Well,

Benny you in Sg now a days sorry man i need to know .Then only i could suggest something .Post count increase is immaterial for me now lol " I got the joke though lol " .Well try a resehell i would say .When do you plan to come to india if you are in Sg

@ Everyone ,

i just cannot get into my head how the hell one can audition a custom .

^ simple ...universal fit

EDIT : Damn ritvik beat me!

btw @ritvik where did you get your ear impressions done? dont doctors say ..."what?" when you tell them what to do ...or is it common.?

strategy said:
^ simple ...universal fit

EDIT : Damn ritvik beat me!

btw @ritvik where did you get your ear impressions done? dont doctors say ..."what?" when you tell them what to do ...or is it common.?
Well,

Haa Haa Haa First ,I Hope He Told The doctor Something Else ,Cos if he had told him he is getting a custom for XYZ dollar i am sure he would have added a ZERO After Rs :100/- Lol

OK : Got That Universal Type customs Lol

^ am a bit conserned about the fitting part ....some say that at canjam JerryH's people made them open their mouth for ear impressions . SOme say most orders are back returned for refitting. JH only gives 1 month refitting warranty ...it taes more time for the item, to come to india!!

well 100 per ear is good but what if he makes my wrong impression....for hearing aid fitting is important but not THIS important.( so the doctor might be a bit casual about it )

Back