Audio Top Tier IEM WAR , Do Participate

I wouldn't trade my D5000's for any electrostats simply cuz they can't deliver the bassline that the D5000's can produce.
It all a matter of taste. And everyone wants everyone to buy the more expensive headphone simply cuz they want reviews of it.
I say take a trip to Jaben/Stereo and hear them all yourself, i would personally prefer a lotta headphones half the price of a HD800 to the HD800 since i've heard the hd800 and they din't really blow my skirt, money not being a factor of course.

@brendon : lol @ the free shipping part!!

^ I second that. Having heard the Thunderpants and the YH-100 ,even if I get them in future I still wouldn't let my D5000s go for the awesome bass and smooth mids + treble combo :D

^^ these d5000 are really sumthng

seriously thinking of going to faheem's place now (The lush mids of RE1 + the perfect bass of TF10 + the treble of RE-0 along with a 3D soundstage. Denon AH-D5000.)

bennysachdev said:
I wouldn't trade my D5000's for any electrostats simply cuz they can't deliver the bassline that the D5000's can produce.
It all a matter of taste. And everyone wants everyone to buy the more expensive headphone simply cuz they want reviews of it.
I say take a trip to Jaben/Stereo and hear them all yourself, i would personally prefer a lotta headphones half the price of a HD800 to the HD800 since i've heard the hd800 and they din't really blow my skirt, money not being a factor of course.
+1 to benny

strategy said:
You have had access to His library (er,.. basket ) !! :O

I need some impressions !
Achal, I spent a day in his audio loft a while back. But he knowingly kept me away from his portable gear basket till there was an hour for me to leave!:mad:
We were checking out and setting up his speaker set up and he didnt want me to lose focus!:p

You can see it here:

Coimbatore HFV Nano Meet

^^ May I also say - there was no "basket" at that time or at least it was only a small percentage of what it is now. Back on topic, I'll probably post my impressions of RE-262 (on loan thanks to Mukul) tonight or tomorrow!

Yep, he just had: Phonak PFE, Hippo VB, Hippo Pearl, Creative EP 630, Head direct RE0, Fostex T20 ortho, Audio Tech AD700, Alessandro MS-1, Koss ksc75, maverick d1, Nuforce udac, Asus Xonar STX, ibasso t3, creative Zen, Cowon s9, Sansa Clip, Sansa Fuze and so on and so forth!

Ofcourse, a lot more interesting stuff was added later on!

esanthosh, will look forward to the re262 write up.

^ You missed Senn PMX-60, Hippo Epic-Sparkle and Hippo Pearl ;)

But, there is only one addition to the headphone collection in the mean time - Superlux HD668B. But, the IEM collection is much more interesting now - starting from JVC Marshmallows to SM3.

esanthosh, Pearl is there, pmx60 I remembered but the post went thru by then. Epic sparkle I forgot! Sorry, mannichidungo!

I will be there soon to sample the treasure chest of IEMs.

Amarbir, welcome back.

about time ! amarbir !

now put up some good deals !

...bring in some high-end gear !
who said basket !! i doubt , santosh's gear will fit in the largest basket there is ! LITERALLY

esanthosh said:
^^ May I also say - there was no "basket" at that time or at least it was only a small percentage of what it is now. Back on topic, I'll probably post my impressions of RE-262 (on loan thanks to Mukul) tonight or tomorrow!
Ooh, I am dying to see if your impressions match mine. :D

Back