Touring Rajasthan...

nukeu666

Skilled
Sheru and I are touring Rajasthan from 21-30 Jan `11
Wondering if anyone else wants to join in...
Bbay people can come with us and other's can meet up in rajasthan

We will leave bbay on 21st afternoon, reach either Mt Abu or Udaipur on 22nd morning, travel to Jaisalmer/Khuri, Jaipur and return on the 30th

If anyone's done the trip before, kindly give attendance, we need info...

I had been to Rajasthan a couple of months ago for my college IV. Had been to Mt Abu, Udaipur and Jaipur. Nice places.

I'm not sure how exactly I can help though. :p

viralbug said:
I had been to Rajasthan

I'm not sure how exactly I can help though. :p
:rofl:

Help them with your itinerary bugger. :p

On a side note, I had been to Udaipur and Jaipur during 2005 so I do not recall much. But during this time of the year, Rajasthan has an extremely cold and a chilly climate. So consider some pullovers and the types. I went there during Jan first week. You get good garam garam aloo parathas in the morn. kbyethx.

Udaipur and Jaipur in my opinion are the places to visit.

Cant recall mch abt Udaipur but in Jaipur :

1) Chokhi Dhaani - heritage village styled place.

Visit this place 2wice if i got time. Once during daytime and nite time the second round to experience the ambience fully.

2) Aamer Fort

I dont think i can explain mch better than google/wiki

3) Nahargarh Fort

Biggest cannon on wheels

4) Kanak Ghaati

The Nahargarh Fort Is overlooking this picinic spot

5) Museum

Cant recall the names as its been long that i went for those places.

6) Market Places - Johri Bazaar/Baapu Bazaar

Be warned, can experience sudden loss in weight lest u r carrying plastic money.

Sure u can go to and other places like Hawa Mahal but tbh take out time for the above mentioned places as other monuments are just eye candies.

Rajasthan is Vast and widely spaced touring circuit.

In 10 days I feel you can best accomodate 2 circuits not all major 3.

The first is Mount Abu - Pushkar - Ajmer - Udaipur - shrinathji.

The second is Jaipur - Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary - Agra

The third is Jodhpur - Jaislmer - Bikaner (even this is a single circuit the distances are really tiring).

I would advise you take first two circuits in 10 days and sometime in future go to third one.

there is a lot to visit in rajasthan.

Preferred mode of travel is by Road, you can drive down from Mumbai pretty safely and comfortably, that would time saving too.

There are a lot of travel operators which run Volvo services between places too.

NH 8 is breeze from Mumbai to Delhi so you can reach Jaipur very well, and Udaipur is very well served by NH too, last Diwali we went to Udaipur only and it took us 5.5 hours from Ahmedabad to reach there.

I hope both of you have my phone number, if not do pm yours will give you, specially if you are driving as there are chances of block near Narmada bridge near Ankleshwar / Bharuch so can guide you to bypass it.

Also an invitation to spend an evening here is Surat atleast one way so that we can have a small meet. :D

Pictures of Udaipur are on my flickr stream in my siggy.

I used to be boarder in a school in Abu. Abu is a really really cold place during the winter. Although I was never around in Jan, it will easily be less than 5c during that time. My recommendation is that if you are going to Abu please pack sufficient WARM clothes.

If you need places to go in Abu, let me know :)

My recommendations would be:

see the following places in Jaipur

1) Amber fort. Checkout the "Amber Sound and Light Show"

2) Chokhi Dhani: As others said, you should visit this place and I agree.

3) Hawa Mahal

4) Nahargarh Fort: Must Visit. View from there is Fantastic,you can see the whole city around you.this is the same place where rang de basanti song was shot.

5) City Palace Museum aka Albert Hall. ALso checkout Animal & Bird Zoo.

6) Jal Mahal, kanak kanak ghati,

7) Birla Mandir, a nice mordern template built entirely by Marble

8) Jantar Mantar: do hire a guide if you visit this place, else you won't have a clue on what the heck those instruments do

9) Visit bazaars in Walled City, lot of collectibles items you can find there

10) If you lack time, you can skip Jaigarh Fort.there is nothing there except big fat cannon.

11) Panch Batti. Raj Mandir

12) New Vidhaan Sabha and Amar Javaan Jyoti

I suggest sight seeing by Tour buses operated by RTDC, instead of Autos.they cover most of locations and would save you time and hassle. Also, better call them beforehand, as these Saarkri Babus rarely update their site, and details might have changed.

Also see: http://www.rtdc.in/

Back