TP Link 1043ND + DD-WRT: Very slow upload

Hi,

I am on 40 Mbps connection (ACT, Hyderabad). I get excellent upload and download speeds when I connect directly without the router where as when I connect via the router my upload speeds are terrible. The difference is as follows.

8 Mbps upload - without router
10 kbps upload - with router

Download speed does not get affected by the router.

Any clue where I should be looking at in the DD-WRT settings?

I moved from the stock firmware to DD-WRT because I had to reboot my router at least 3 times a day to get the internet working. Even since I changed to DD-WRT that problem has reduced to one in a day or two.

Thanks,
Srikanth

I had 1043 and the stock firmware is decent enough, ddwrt didn't add any new worthwhile feature apart from the packages support it offered via USB.

Curious problem, did it just happen suddenly ?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/39748-42-slow-upload-speed-router

Something to do with QoS. Try disabling it to test.

losing connection 3 times a day implies an instability somewhere.

http://www.ybrikman.com/writing/2014/04/14/got-fast-download-but-slow-upload/

he says upgrade to the newest firmware. If you've already done that. there is an interesting line in the changelog

Resolved issue with decrease in upload speed when QoS is enabled.

QoS again.

I do not think it has anything to do with QoS. That was the first thing I played with. Enable/Disable. Enable with upload speeds of 40000 kbps and 100000 kbps. No change.

One interesting fact though is that the upload speed over wifi is very low during evening and it increases as the night goes on. At my house the upload bandwidth usage is very minimal as we do not have any torrents etc running. Hence I cannot think as the night grows on the rest of the devices on the wifi are getting disconnected. Currently the upload speed is 640 kbps.

One interesting fact though is that the upload speed over wifi is very low during evening and it increases as the night goes on. At my house the upload bandwidth usage is very minimal as we do not have any torrents etc running. Hence I cannot think as the night grows on the rest of the devices on the wifi are getting disconnected. Currently the upload speed is 640 kbps.
So the slow upload speed is over wifi or directly conected presumably via pc ?

The TP-Link routers are well supported in Openwrt. Why not give it a try ?

Make sure you download the appropriate firmware for your router hardware version. Better revert to stock firmware and flash the "factory" image

Back