TRAI could direct operators to derecognise iPhones over DND app

nRiTeCh

Skilled
India may ban iPhone within 6 months if Apple keeps fighting TRAI and not allow DND App in iOS Store

It's a fight that is going on for some time. Apple, the maker of the iPhone, and TRAI, the agency that regulates telecom networks in India, are in middle of a bitter fight over the matter of SPAM calls and messages. Now, with a new regulatory policy TRAI has hinted that if Apple doesn't step back and allows a TRAI app on the iPhone, it is possible that the agency may ask telecom companies like Airtel, Vodafone and Jio to delist and deregister the iPhone from their networks.

The issue is related to an app that ...read on

Source:
https://www.indiatoday.in/technolog...allow-dnd-app-in-ios-store-1291107-2018-07-20

so trai will inconvenience iphone users for their app which wants all sorts of identifying information?

The bigger question is that will Apple inconvenience users by not responding to TRAI. I use Google's spam detection which I think is better than selling your contacts to TrueCaller (Google already has my contacts) :p

I am no fan of the methods used, but I highly doubt Apple will be the vanguard of privacy - they will at one point sell out. But the isheep that people are they will hail it like some mega thing :p

Well I have used it last month and reported all spams with it. Guess what I have wasted my precious time.
I kept receiving calls from my provider that the reporting was incomplete and partial.
And if I still want to report any spam further/future sms on particular no only rather using any app.

So for me its a failed app.

I kept receiving calls from my provider that the reporting was incomplete and partial.

Probably because they earn money from such sms senders. Why will they lose those bulk sms companies for a few complaints?
Even I have DND from years and still get unwanted spam messages every day. I bet the phone companies have a hand in allowing such sms messages for some premium amount.

Useless.

DND never works. I get so many calls / SMS's per day. I remember when stopping spam and solicitation was being proposed, many said "the livelihood of millions is based on social engineering and calling". Such a convoluted way to think. Good Apple is showing the middle-finger to our stupid government. Or at least standing up, to the moronic pan-India projects which are rolled out. Causing more pain and waste of money, rather than completing a cause.

Dumb.

Useless.

DND never works. I get so many calls / SMS's per day. I remember when stopping spam and solicitation was being proposed, many said "the livelihood of millions is based on social engineering and calling". Such a convoluted way to think. Good Apple is showing the middle-finger to our stupid government. Or at least standing up, to the moronic pan-India projects which are rolled out. Causing more pain and waste of money, rather than completing a cause.

Dumb.
DND doesn't apply if you give number for let's say bigbazaar shopping or reliance fresh or such. That will pass DND.

I believe TRAI should make sending of URL/way to unsubscribe from promotional messages mandatory just like email. Wish there was something called "Report Spam" for SMS messages too.

Back