Transcend JetflashM - storage with mp3

Safin

Skilled
I finally got myself this. Had been delibrating for a long time now whether to go for a plain 512mb drive of transcend or the 256mb transcend music.(As you can see i didn't have too much to spend right now or i would be looking at 1gb alternatives :D )

Anyway thankfully i think now i went for Jetflash M. And i can straightaway say that this is a winner product.
First of all i wanna praise transcend support. I wrote a letter to sales taiwan and was very pleased to get a very detailed reply with nearest dealer info in less then an hour. This is what i call customer support(all this for 1 piece ...)

Finally the drive itself is cool. Having all the standard features of the regular plain USB flash drive, it incorporates a very handsome MP3 playback and voice recording features. While you don't have the lcd display (you gotta dish out extra money for that) but its really not needed that much anyway. 256mb gives you total 18hours(claimed... i have not checked) of recording capability(which incidentally is quite good) while the sound playback itself is pretty good. While the absence of the bass boost and other features is felt but what you get is still pretty great at that price and music quality is outstanding.

Features
- Compliant with USB 2.0/1.1 specification
- MP3/WMA format supported
- Voice Recording Function: WAV format supported
- Up to 20 hours of MP3 Playback with one AAA battery
- Up to 18 hours of Voice Recording with 256 MB memory
- Driverless (Only Windows 98SE needs the bundled driver)

ACTUAL PRODUCT PAGE

JetFlash-M.jpg

transcendjetflashm256mb1tw.jpg

Anyway highly reccomended for anyone looking for a flash drive. It gives you the music player capability along with the data storage one. Grt buy 8)

Well yes there is no bass boost with it but if you compare it with other products which do have bass boost, you'd notice that it performs better and does not need bass boost. What you are missing is probably psychological.
Yes a LCD would have made it superb not that it already isnt.

The price for 256MB is 3400 and for 128MB is 2900.
Above price is on baazee.
Market Price however would be lower.

Back