Trasnformation pack for XP ?

palito

Disciple
Which is a Good Transformation Pack from XP to Vista :( ones i used So far dont seem to work,specially the themes :hap5: & folder Views :S

Trust me Transformation packs suxxxxxxxxxx.

If u want Vista just install it dont go this transformation way.

OR

You can check some Windows Blinds Skins for Vista.

Though I agree that if you do not have a good system spec, transformation packs are better not tried. Still as I have used all the three Transformation packs named here, I would recommend that you go for the one from CrystalXp.net. That seems to be the lightest on system resources. Just remember to install and uninstall it in the Safe Mode. This is the only pack which will give you back your Old XP Look once you get it out of your system. Rest two are not that forgiving and I have found that system lags a lot even after uninstalling the other two.

i have tried VTP and Brico packs from CrystalXP.net and trust me they really are not worth it...........especially the VTP.........if u want to uninstall it, then u'll definitely end up screwing something........:S ..........if u want ur OS to look gr8.........then dont use Transfromation pax, just go for Vista.......or else b happy and content with XP........till Vista improves.............:p

i tried bricopacks...they are good and no issues with the removal...but there r not many options to choose becoz crystalxp.net offers only 4 packs...

If you try to uninstall VTP, you are sure to screw up something, at least your Icons...some will never be like XP again!! And I also found that the system always remains sluggish even after throwing that pack out.

As major of them said, WindowBlinds is the best option.

Get WB with many Vista Theme available (I use JadAero Theme) and for Icons use IconPackager with Vista Icon.

This is complete Hazel free Solution, You may also change the Logon Screen + Bootup Screen with many FREE tools available.

VTP packs are good at first but soon you will feel you are caught up by only one "THEME" n then you try to uninstall and there you Go.. Screwing your system.

StyleXP - quite a memory hogger compared to WB

CrystalXP.net quite good if you don't want to install WB....but WB is the smarte choice

:) Yes even I hav been using the different options available with window blinds...
Currently I am using
1. Window Blinds
2. IconPackager
3.CursorXP
(Also for login and booting) all from stardock...
so far so good

yup the transformation packs are really not worth the trouble.

and also its a huge resource hog.

you wud be better off with a windowblind skin which looks like vista.

I prefer visual style [hacked uxtheme.dll] way over crappy Windows Blinds.

VS hardly uses any resources and no extra software required to be installed.

Use Tune Up utilities to manage[add/delete] my visual styles.

Agreed, But "Transparency" is not available on Visual Styles.

And Since, people were talking about Vista..so I recommended WB.

P.S WB is not crappy since WB v5; as it got merged with explorer.exe

So not that of memory hogger compared to StyleXp and other stuff.

there's no way you can get functionality and looks , cheap at the same time

windows = my b1tch OS :p

ubuntu = my bling OS :D , and its usable , even with all the eye candy

Back