Travel help - Coimbatore

SharekhaN

Skilled
I will be in Coimbatore ( Sarvanampatti to be exact) for the next 1-1.5 months starting Monday.

Kindly tell me what to expect. Also if there are any places I could go by, any pubs, discotheques?

Any TE people there..please let me know :D

bwhahahah pubs :p there was one when i was there , bikes and barrels at hotel residency , heard theres one more opened up , dont know the name
places , ooty , siruvani , kerala , munnar , topslip , lots of places that you can go for a day trip

saravanampatti is kinda far out from the town , have any transportation ? chetansha is there and some more guys

good luck

Lolz Sheru welcome to the far side of the country! :p

Chicks well yeah, a handful of them. From the colleges. Mostly NRIs. You'll spot them at the popular hang outs. Meh coming from Bombay you shouldn't be asking this. Anyways, how long are you going to be there? Visit Ooty/Cochin/Topslip/Alleppey. You'll love the backwaters there. :D

Thats what I wanna know, what are the good hangouts here? All I know if bike and barell and thats it.

I am here till the 4th of Dec. I plan to visit Ooty etc later in the month.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also anyone from Coimbatore who is ready to join me to hit Bike and Barrel tonite? I don't wanna stick out like a sore thumb going alone.

I am in saravanampati before one stop ! no bikes & barrel here only once they 've conducted ! still u can go many places like black thunder , ooty lot more - r u comin here for business purpose !

speedyfreak said:
I am in saravanampati before one stop ! no bikes & barrel here only once they 've conducted ! still u can go many places like black thunder , ooty lot more - r u comin here for business purpose !
You do realize that Bikes and Barrels is a Pub?
AFAIK there's one in Madras and from what sheru has said, there IS one in Comibatore as well.

Fridays and Saturdays are the best days to go to Bikes & Barrels (most fridays are bollywood nights which draw the maximum crowd) apart from this you can try the rooftop at Hotel Heritage Inn, Ramnagar and Hotel Rathna Residency near the railways station (When its not raining)... Dont expect chicks out here, enjoy the famous Coimbatore Weather ...

Back