Traveling with supplements from US

I am traveling to US for a conference and one of my body building friends wants some supplements from US. My first reaction was isn't buying and carrying medicines banned? So wondering if anyone knows about this? Is this something safe to do?

Depends on what. I've had people get me stuff like Probiotics, Betaine HCL, Fish Oil , etc.. without any problems. All this stuff is bought from amazon.com

Protein and other powders could attract customs though.

You might have to pay customs on the powders.
In that case I'll not bring those. But only the supplements in form of vitamins etc. Is there a limit on the number of bottles? Obviously not going to bring enough to open a shop :p but 2 bottles of each is what I have been asked. I am just queasy about bringing medicines, electronics is fine.

In that case I'll not bring those. But only the supplements in form of vitamins etc. Is there a limit on the number of bottles? Obviously not going to bring enough to open a shop :p but 2 bottles of each is what I have been asked. I am just queasy about bringing medicines, electronics is fine.

I've carried upto 8, some of the people who have carried stuff for me have carried more. Again, stuff like this also depends on your luck. Vitamins, Fish Oil, etc should be fine.

Powder's is touch and go. I would ask a pilot friend to bring that.

Back