Treadmill/Elliptical machine for 25-30K

caber

Disciple
I'm looking at either buying a treadmill or elliptical trainer for my parents, both are overweight and they prefer using the said machine while watching TV.
Having used both machines in my gym, I feel an elliptical machine will be better for them cause it's easier on the knees, but don't think it fits in the budget.

Any good treadmill/elliptical machine that fits in the budget?

I took my mom to an afton showroom, she felt more comfortable with a treadmill than an elliptical machine. She liked the Afton ACP 202 which comes for 39k. So I'm increasing my budget to 40k. Any other treadmill available in that price bracket? Or is the Afton ACP 202 cheaper elsewhere?

I think it does not makes sense to invest so much in a treadmill, don't go after the so many programme options it lists...those are meant for pros. If she is very much against the elliptical trainer, then go for a simple motorised treadmill with a few speed settings. If you really really want to spend 40K, better go for an elliptical trainer(provided your mom id OK with it)...again no need to go for fancy programme options, the ones with simple set of usable programmes which your parents can possibly use should be good. Its true that the elliptical trainer will be easy on her knees, plus it also exercises the arms....

Getting a treadmill or elliptical trainer would help, but is it not the complete solution, you need to go on diet as well, even a walk or jogging in garden would do the job of the machine

Well, I used to own a Sole E25, It was quite expensive but I sold it at half price a month ago. Just a treadmill or an elliptical will not encourage your parents to utilize it on a daily basis. Since I had owned it for over 2 years, my personal experience was that over time you get over the fact that you need to workout every day and you slowly get back into a regular routine. I would also suggest your parents to take regular walks outside, change food habits, and try out light cardio exercises you find online.

To be honest, I feel way more better doing cardio exercises available on youtube than when I used to own the elliptical. If you are still hell bend on buying one of these, like you mentioned an elliptical is lighter on your knees, but only the good models. Lower end elliptical's have a lighter flywheel (the wheel to which the leg paddles are attached too) which makes the exercise very unnatural. You might find ellipticals at the 40k budget but do make your parents try them to check if they are comfortable with the stride length.

If you are going for a treadmill check the belt on which they run to see if it comes with a spring mechanism to reduce to blow to the knee.

did you try exer-cycle? of all the three machines, i find cycle to be the least troublesome for knees/soles. there are several seating options available. check out the laid-back style. an exer-cycle will be better for your parents as it has the least chances of falling down; and one can rest immediately if feeling uneasy/tired. same cannot be expected from the other two machines. moreover, cycle is the best machine for HIIT.

if you ever buy a motorized treadmill or elliptical trainer, buy the one with incline option (treadmill-only) and with emergency stop.

The problem with walking outside is that there isn't a lot of place outside my house and no parks nearby; and my city is morbidly hot at most times during the day.

hi I have been looking to get a elliptcal too for some time now under 30k budget, but what ever brands are listed on Indian sites, there is no info on the net about them them.

Sole ones are like 70k dam expensive.

I am about 150Kg :p please suggest which elliptical to get thx...

Last edited:
Back