Health & Fitness Triclosan, Flouride & SLS Free Toothpaste in India?

Emperor

Skilled
Hello Friends,

Please suggest any toothpaste which doesn't contents Triclosan,Flouride & SLS.

if you don't know, just check your Toothpaste and post it's NAME/BRAND if it have any of above ingredients, as it may help me to avoid them and search for other.

Thank you

When i searched fluoride free toothpaste, Himalaya came on top in Amazon.com. On the Amazon India site and their corporate website, there is no mention of fluoride free or any mention of what chemicals they are using.

Hello Friends,

Please suggest any toothpaste which doesn't contents Triclosan,Flouride & SLS.

if you don't know, just check your Toothpaste and post it's NAME/BRAND if it have any of above ingredients, as it may help me to avoid them and search for other.

Thank you
Sensodyne repair and protect is SLS free. don't know about (troclosan,fluroide)

actually fluoride is the thing which cleans the teeth? small amounts of fluoride is okay. SLS is just foaming agent found in shampoos, toothpaste etc.

I did actually shift to a SLS and paraben free shampoo and my hair is 1000x times better.

I use a pea sized amount of Colgate Total in the morning but I've recently switched to Vicco before bedtime, doesn't seem to have any of those ingredients. http://viccolabs.com/product_vajradanti_paste.php
http://viccolabs.com/product_vajradanti_paste.php

I'm using Anchor (switch to it as found it have same ingredients to Pepsodent Germi Check)

What's your reason for switching though ?

Triclosan / SLS / Paraben / Flouried etc. chemical makes adverse effect on health (read various articles online)

.. so in morning you use Colgate Total and Vicco at bedtime?

I also was thinking to try Vicco.. Thanks for suggestion,

If you guys have the time and the inclination, you can find a totally chemical free solution in Datun - Babool and Kikar being one of the best options around.

Triclosan / SLS / Paraben / Flouried etc. chemical makes adverse effect on health (read various articles online)
Fluoride helps against tooth decay ie cavities. I don't see any benefit in avoiding a toothpaste that lacks it

parabens is a preservative that prevents growth of mould, fungus and bacteria in products. You'd have to put up with shorter shelf lives ie higher cost per product. Convenience and cost

SLS does foaming in shaving creams and toothpaste, some people don't get along with it

As for triclosan, colgate refuses to remove it because they believe its best for gums and oral health. Choose another if you disagree but why

https://www.snopes.com/colgate-total-triclosan/

Colgate-Palmolive — were able to demonstrate that the health benefits of the product (it is effective at reducing plaque and gingivitis) outweighed any potential for harm. At the time, FDA spokesperson Andrea Fischer told the New York Times:

Last edited:
SLS and triclosan are carcinogens. Triclosan in particular is not recommended for long term use. Toothpastes containing it should ideally be used like a medicine and not for every day use.

In any case, its pointless to try and find toothpastes without these kind of ingredients.Those alternative products will just contain another set of chemicals.like Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate and Pearl power which is mainly calcium carbonate (lime) along with a bunch of other constituents.

And yeah, its not like having so called natural ingredients is somehow any better either. They are used in the first place because they contain chemicals which are deemed beneficial along with a bunch that you do not need. They will have its own set of side effects too.

I have tried finding Triclosan free toothpastes in the market. There are a few options in the fluorinated ones.
Best bet is to visit a big bazaar or similar and scan all threads yourself.

Back