Audio Triple fi or ie8 or anything else?

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
Guys need your help,I have saved some money for an iem at last.Budget is between 15-20k,the lower the better.So far I have used absolutely below par iems like ep 630,pl something and a philips one(do not know the model).My source will be either an ipod touch 64GB or a cowon v5 (I like it more,but it is really big and not suitable for crrying around).I mostly listen to 70s rock,thrash and a few black or death thrown in between and gradually moving to classical music (both desi and western).
I have thought of ultimate ear`s triple fi (apprehensive of the proper fit) or senn`s ie8 (worried about the huge mid bass).Is there any other alternatives available?
Finally, I prefer to buy them from a shop,not online.I am from kolkata and I doubt I can find them in shops here.
Please let your valuable suggestions flow in.

IMHO, you should rather get a mid segment pair like the NE6 or Klipsch S4 and notice the gigantic difference between Ep 630..Straight away upgrading to the Tripple fis is not a great Idea, you will prob be satisfid with something much lower than those since youre used to the Ep 60s.

Red dragon go in for UE Triple Fi 5. Listed price as per UE Website - 169.99 USD.

It comes around 12K INR if you can source it from Malaysia or Singapore.

Check out the grey market as well in Kolkatta, you should be able to find it there as well.

I am using it from past 2 years its the best that all wat i can say.

In the past i had used the ep630, IE8, IE9, Sony MDR Series, Skullcandy, Kilpsch, SHURE, etc....but the day i listened the UE's...i am just blown off by the 99.99% PERFECT Sound Quality that these IEM's throw out...Every ...every single detail of the music including almost all the instruments used to compose the music is clearly audible & you can very well feel the difference. Also, these IEM's are loud enough to keep you engrossed in ur music plus they give u a Noise Isolation of -26 dB which is much far better than any other IEM's in the market.

Check this out: Ultimate Ears | Universal Fit earphones Product Overview

I'm also thinking of getting TripleFi or IE7/IE8...currently I use EP630 with my Cowon D2...which one should I go for?

My flatmate is going to US next week so I can get this stuff from US itself...please suggest guys...

NE6 is your best bet ,slowly go to the higher ones .Dont make a impulsive decision on IEM's which are worth a fortune .You might end up selling them :p

High End IEM's Esp the TF10 and IE 8 sound brilliant when paired with an amp.

Earsonic's SM3 is getting a lot of good reviews lately and is the one of best you can buy...tf10/ie8/er4p/re0 are the other choices

No need to go slowly...do you really want to buy X then regret not having bought Y and waste more money in the process?...buy Z and be happy for a couple of years

WOW!!So many replies in such a small time,thanks a lot guys.I am actually thinking in line of nukeu666.I want to sort out this iem thing rather quickly,more I read about these in head fi org more I get confused,and the worst part is ,I am not comfortable buying things online.Last time I was trying to buy an iem from Lynx India ( for a friend of mine) and had a terrible experience.

lynx is a bad example, forget about him

there is a distributor of earsonics in the US and i believe they have some coupon running nowdays

else re0/252 can be bought straight from head-direct, youll receive it within 10 days of payment

fisher db01 is also high on reviews but has colored sound, readup if you would prefer that or neutral

nukeu666 said:
lynx is a bad example, forget about him

there is a distributor of earsonics in the US and i believe they have some coupon running nowdays
else re0/252 can be bought straight from head-direct, youll receive it within 10 days of payment
fisher db01 is also high on reviews but has colored sound, readup if you would prefer that or neutral
Links for coupon on the earsonics SM3 please :) ..
Also u r talking about DBA-02 i think.

Kudos to 'red dragon' for opening this thread.:clap:

I was also of the similar confusion.

TF10 is not available locally.

But ie8 is(with an mrp of 19990).I can get it for 16000 from the distributor.

Thinking which should i go for??:huh:

I am sending in my RE-252 for RMA .If one can wait, I can offer a brand new RE-252 with ~6 months warranty for 25-30% discount off Head directs price ;)

i can wait a month.......send me a pm when you are interested AFTER you get it back!!

well i was thinking OF dba-02 i've heard nothing but good stuff about it .......my s:flo is stuck at customs so am asking friends to ask for friends in US/canada/singapore.

Based on reading only.....

• SM3 is a strange IEM. Do read dfkt's review before committing : EarSonics SM3 Review. I think it's slight warm.
  • DBA-02 is not colored. It may be a bit bright in the treble for some. But, it's more of an analytical IEM. It's favourably compared with AT CK10.
  • Panasonic HJE-900 is colored (warm mids, living on the edge highs), has more of a mid-bass focus, but manages to err on the side of analytical.
  • RE-252 has wide sound stage, strange fit (takes time to get used to), has a RE-0 like signature, has some bass.
  • TF10 is a bassy, V-shaped signature, hard to fit IEM. If you manage to get a fit (may be with the complys) or re-shell it, it should be lot of fun.
  • IE8 has an overpowering bass that shadows mids. With burn-in, things would improve and bass quantity decreases a bit.
  • MTPG, if the price comes down would make a good choice for a bass heavy, erring on the side of neutral IEM.
  • Radius DDM also seems like a very interesting idea. Fit though may be horrible.
I may have (n)one or more of those by year end subject to fund and mood availability ;)

Based on experience,

• RE-0 is bass light, but has an incredible extension in the highs. It may sound slightly thin and dry for some.
  • PFE just gets it right. Light on bass, but the mids are neither forward nor recessed, just about right. It does not have the micro-details that RE-0 churns out, but still is a nice analytical IEM.

Back