Windows Trouble with networking

Guys, need desperate help as i have exhausted all options and my skills to resolve the issue.

There is a network of 5 computers at one place. Only one of the pc is not accessible from all other pcs where as this pc can access all the pcs. All computers are running either windows 10 or windows 7. PC which is not accessible from other machines is running win 10.

I went through setting up homegroup, enabling netowork sharing, setting up network id and keeping workgroup common for all pcs. Even gave manual ip address for all pcs. Tried to add user credentials in other pcs. Tried setting up registry entries for restrictanonymous parameter (but its not getting saved as decimal value even after registry editor with admin rights). Went through lot of yt videos and some forums but nothing so far is resolving the issue.

Is the issue between a Win 7 and Win 10 systems or vice versa ?
Pcs having issues are of both type, win 7 and win 10.

If you have any idea anyhow even for win 7, let me know.

Actually this problem developed couple of days ago only. Earlier everything was fine. In network PC's won't show all connected pcs but after creating shortcuts with their network names it used to work. Now one pc is not accessible from other pcs rest everything is fine as it was.

Check windows firewall settings on the PC which cannot be reached?

Can you ping that PC? Can you ping other PC's?
Post automatically merged:

Also is the non working PC running win10 pro or home edition?

Check windows firewall settings on the PC which cannot be reached?

Can you ping that PC? Can you ping other PC's?
Post automatically merged:

Also is the non working PC running win10 pro or home edition?
Tks for the reply. Shall check tomorrow and revert. It's my dad's office. So not immediately accessible to me.

Windows firewall is normally disabled all the time as quick heal antivirus and firewall app is installed (I hate qh but it's wasn't my choice).

I tried disabling quickheal protection for sometime to test whether that makes any difference but it didnt.

Last edited:
Issue is resolved on its own [emoji43][emoji47] after breaking my head over it. This random behaviour itself is frustrating. As such adhoc network issue was there for months.

Let's see how long it works now.

Back