CPU/Mobo Troubleshooting windows bluescreen errors and other issues

I have a Core i5 2400 cpu with Asus P8H67-M MB. The MB is pre B3 from Jan 2011. I have Corsair 1333 4GB RAM, WD Black 1 TB HDD, CoolerMaster 450V power source.

Until recently everything was fine. Since 1 week i noticed Windows hanging for few seconds once in a while. After couple of days, the system shutdown during power failure and never booted in to Windows. I managed to boot from CD drive, run chkdsk on HDD and re install the Windows. I also managed to install most of my apps and configure them. Then again it crashed with blue screen. All my efforts to re-install Windows failed at multiple levels. Chkdsk was showing it was unable to fix some thing as there was no free space (204 GB free on primary partition). I managed to run the chkdsk and fix all the errors. Windows installed but again blue screen errors even before i installed any drivers.

Performed a memory diagnosis on memory using Memory diagnostic tool in Windows installer. It reported no issues. Doubting HDD, i got a new 512 MB HDD and tried re installing windows. Though the installation failed few times, finally Windows installed. But again i was having blue screen errors.

I again jumped online for some help. Read lot of articles pointing my symptoms to CPU overheating. Bios was showing 54C. I downloaded an app called Speedfan and checked the temp. It showed an alarming 86-92C. Asus MB CD came with a utility which shows temp. It was showing CPU temp as 36C. Totally lost, i downloaded the latest firmware for my BIOS from Asus site and tried installing it. BIOS never booted again though i tried clearing CMOS and removed the battery. I guess the firmware was for B3 MB.

I am going to get a new H67 MB for my system. What other components should i be checking to troubleshooting my original blue screen problem?

Back