Tubular Battery accidental leakage.. what liquid is it?

max_demon

@maxdemon
Adept
I have accidentally tilted the Luminous tubular battery sideways.. so a large amount of liquid has been spilled from it..

I think it might be acid.. but I herd it could be distilled water.. so what liquid should I use to replace it.?

and also which electrolyte tubular battery uses? I know that lead acid battery use sulphuric acid what could it be using?

even tublular battery use the same electolyte. But do not refill it with just the distilled water, your electrolyte becomes diluted. You will have to refill it electrolyte. Go to a good battery dealer and ask them for the electrolyte and refill it to the level marked on the battery.

Normally ppl refill it with distilled water when the water in the electrolyte gets evaporated due to normal wear and tear.

it should be H2SO4(sulphuric acid) the distilled water is added to dilute the acid. so you have to put sulphuric acid. just go to any car battery shop with the battery and they will fill it with the acid for something like 20bucks.

it has been late.. but thanks I had indeed refilled for a readymade electrolyte (h2so4 + distilled water in 1:1 ) which is sold as battery water in battery shops.. but unfortunately my invertor isnt working due to different reason.. so waiting for it to get repaired so that i can check this out..

Back