Turbo C not running..

My Turbo C is not running at all, displaying an error code, which do not allows it to run...:mad:

THe Error note is...

Heading - 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
Matter

Turbo C++ IDE
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:c000 IP:023a OP:f0 02 56 01 06 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

If I choose "Close" the program get completely close...

If I choose "Ignore" it shows-

Turbo C++ IDE
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:3017 IP:0006 OP:ff ff 75 16 1e Choose 'Close' to terminate the application...

Then both "Choose" and "Ignore" ends to the termination of program...

If anyone knows the solution....plz :help:
I need to submit my school project ASAP:(

must be some virus corrupted the exe .....

get a fresh install of turboC done....(there must be a turboc.exe file of about 2-3 MB which is actually self extracting installer... remove all files except installer ... run installer to extract a fresh files...

Scan OS for virus and stuff ... the usual deal...

there is a setting under group policy ....

start--> run--> gpedit.msc

stating prevent execution of 16 bit subsystem...

check if that value is correct...

SauravR said:
must be some virus corrupted the exe .....

get a fresh install of turboC done....(there must be a turboc.exe file of about 2-3 MB which is actually self extracting installer... remove all files except installer ... run installer to extract a fresh files...

Scan OS for virus and stuff ... the usual deal...
there is a setting under group policy ....
start--> run--> gpedit.msc
stating prevent execution of 16 bit subsystem...
check if that value is correct...

I reinstalled it after complete deletion, but this didnt helped me...

also U went for gpedit.msc and through Prevent execution of 16 bit subsystem..
Status was "Not configurated" ...I changed it to "Disable", but this didnt helped....

while there's an emergency write out your code in notepad, and just be really careful and don't make errors. Plus there are other compilers out there. just search around and you can compile your .cpp file in many other ways as well. No idea about the tc prob though.. XD

--> can u try this thing? .... delete all files with ".pif" extension and then try tc.exe

--> replace ntvdm.exe and wowexec.exe from ur XP SP2 CD (filename will be like ntvdm.ex_ and wowexec.ex_ ) or simply run sfc.exe and follow it

--> otherway around is ... u can download FreeDOS and try from there or u can make dual boot system with real DOS if the drive on which XP is formatted as FAT32

Still not working?

Get DosBox & run TurboC from inside it. Its like a Dos emulator for XP. Normally used to play old Dos games which wont run properly on XP (normal or compatibility mode)

xmaneagle said:
install Turbo c3 in your system

I think that would help you

all the best...

Even after installing turbo C3 also it is not working...
showing the same error as mentioned before..

The reason why I am avoiding the use of Dev C or C free 4 etc, because many operations dont work in them which works in Turbo C...
And I need to perform them in school practicals in Turbo C only...
So it would go messy if I use different software in different places...

Back