Turbo C To Windows Based Compiler

Amarbir

Skilled
Hi ,
I Had a Made a Antivirus Long Time Back In turbo C ,I Would Like To Know What Would Be a Good Compiler In Windows Were Turbo C code Could Be Compiled Or Ported With Ease ,Any suggestions .

Supra said:
You can try in Borland C/Visual Studio. Both of them should work fine!

@ Supra ,

Now Borland C Or Visual Studio ,I think There Are More Laner Products Out There but The Dady is Visual Studio ,Make Sense To Learn Visual Studio ,what About Bloodshed C++ etc etc the Free Walla's

Antivirus in TC, what would it do? Hide in the ram? Long long long time back I had written a TSR to log keystrokes, that was fun then, realized how M$ screwed up people in the name of selling software.

~LT

If you are looking for free compiler on Windows then Dev cpp is the only one I am aware of. Check the link I posted on the other thread for its download.

linuxtechie said:
Antivirus in TC, what would it do? Hide in the ram? Long long long time back I had written a TSR to log keystrokes, that was fun then, realized how M$ screwed up people in the name of selling software.

~LT

LT ,
I Will Like To Port To Windows And start The Project Again ,I Had Called It Amarvac Long Time Back
hammerhead said:
If you are looking for free compiler on Windows then Dev cpp is the only one I am aware of. Check the link I posted on the other thread for its download.

Hi ,
I Have Downloaded The 4.9.9.2 But i Hate Beta ,I Also Saw Ecslipse and Something Caller Netbeans Something ....:bleh:

eclipse nd netbeans are for java...

dev cpp works with xp. its uses MingW.. which is nothing but a windows port of gcc.

imo dev cpp is the best you can do..

also consider visual studio express edition. its free

sTALKEr said:
eclipse nd netbeans are for java...

dev cpp works with xp. its uses MingW.. which is nothing but a windows port of gcc.

imo dev cpp is the best you can do..

also consider visual studio express edition. its free

Hi ,
Thank For Updating Me On This ....

hammerhead said:
Well you can develop C++ applications using eclipse but its just an IDE. Check if it comes with an integrated compiler here Eclipse downloads - mirror selection however I dont think its popular. I have never seen people use eclipse to develop C++ apps, its more popular for Java.

Hi ,
I Banking On Few Of You Guys Its Ages since i Have Coded ,OTher Then HTML Scripting at TE :bleh:

It will take me some time to try out eclipse, but I suggest you to proceed with Dev C++ even if its beta. It is an excellent compiler with all the standard syntax of C++. Switching to Borland or MS you may find a little difference in libraries and syntax. I have been using it for years not and have not faced a single problem. If you are interested in MS C++, then here is the link for VC++ 2008 http://www.microsoft.com/express/vc/ its free.

If you dont want any headaches, VC express is a very good option. Only problem with it is, if you build GUI using it, your clients/target machines should have .NET installed. You dont get the win32 mfc stuff for GUI / other API work (i.e directly ;)).

If you want just the compiler and are willing to put in some more effort initially, Dev c++ is a good option.

You can also try wxdevcpp. I have put the link in another thread in this section.

random2 said:
If you dont want any headaches, VC express is a very good option. Only problem with it is, if you build GUI using it, your clients/target machines should have .NET installed. You dont get the win32 mfc stuff for GUI / other API work (i.e directly ;)).

If you want just the compiler and are willing to put in some more effort initially, Dev c++ is a good option.

You can also try wxdevcpp. I have put the link in another thread in this section.

Yaar ,
I Did Go To Wxdevcpp ,Is Ths Dev CPP With Better Libraries Or Something Else ,I Could Not Very Well understand It .

you dont have to use those libraries if you dont want them. Just add your code developed using turbo c into a project and compile. Once that part is done, you can think about the rest.

random2 said:
you dont have to use those libraries if you dont want them. Just add your code developed using turbo c into a project and compile. Once that part is done, you can think about the rest.

Hi ,
I Have Installed the Dev C++ Software Now .I Wll start My C Project Once i Redo The Entire C And C++ Language "Means i will Have To Go Through The Same "Learn and Revise The Whole Language " .Its Was When i Was in 8 To 10 Th Class ,I Am 32 Years Old Now .:hap2:

Hey Guys ,

I Did Try the Same And i Love It ,I Am Not Compiling My Antivirus Just Right Away ,I Need to Revise The Complete Turbo C That i Learned and then See What Are the differences Between this And Turbo C .Also when we go to tools and click on updates ,i can find lots of updates but none of then say a prior version t those are installed .Does that mean they are all new documentation,etc etc and none of then are install .

@amarbir: turbo C was a old non-standard compiler.even vc or borland from other companies too are.

ANSI or ISO C/C++ standards are correctly followed by gcc based compilers.

for eg: Anjuta is a nice compiler ,but available for *nix only.

also ,search for clamav which is a OSS AV for use in Linux systems(servers) to check windows viruses in order to save end user(windows client).you may get some ideas :D

Dark Star said:
How about Bloodshed Software - Providing Free Software to the internet community ! Btw C++ compilers are available in abundance in Linux :p

Hi DS Am Not Into Linux No Plan To ,Hence i will like to stick to Windows environment Only .I Have Downloaded and installed Bloodshed Dev-C++ But i Was Wondering Are They Updating it ever ,The Last Beta Update Was in Feb 2005 ,I Just Cannot Understand How Can a Update To 5.0 Take So Long .
praka123 said:
@amarbir: turbo C was a old non-standard compiler.even vc or borland from other companies too are.

ANSI or ISO C/C++ standards are correctly followed by gcc based compilers.
for eg: Anjuta is a nice compiler ,but available for *nix only.

also ,search for clamav which is a OSS AV for use in Linux systems(servers) to check windows viruses in order to save end user(windows client).you may get some ideas :D
Thats True that Even Turbo C Was a Non Ansi C Compliant Compiler,But it Could Be Made To Work Strictly To Ansi C .Also Turbo C Had a Lot Of Borland specific Code "It Has To What Good Is a ansi C Compiler Anyways " .And You Misjudged My Antivirus query i want to port my old antivirus that i wrote to a new compiler thats runs in windows .So clamav is out of the question .

hammerhead said:
@praka123

Anjuta is not a compiler, its just an IDE. But a good one. gcc or g++ are the real compilers.

+1.

devcpp is again just an IDE.. it uses MingW which is nothing but a windows port of gcc.

@DS he's already dl'd and started to use devcpp

@amarbirji.. the development work on the core DevCPP ide stopped like ages back. that does not however take anything away from it. it still is a feature packed environment. there are a lot of add on libraries which are accessible through the updates options..

spend some time with it. you'll love it.

Back