Turbo C To Windows Based Compiler

sTALKEr said:
+1.

devcpp is again just an IDE.. it uses MingW which is nothing but a windows port of gcc.

@DS he's already dl'd and started to use devcpp
@amarbirji.. the development work on the core DevCPP ide stopped like ages back. that does not however take anything away from it. it still is a feature packed environment. there are a lot of add on libraries which are accessible through the updates options..

spend some time with it. you'll love it.

Boss ,

OK I Got The Idea "Infact i Had the Idea of a Compiler And IDE Earlier Too " .But i m Not Comfortable That the IDE Is Not Updated ,Might Be GCC and MingW Is Also Old that is Bundled With It ,This Might create a issue later .I Know i could update that myself .Dev CPP Documentation is rotten .In Turbo C There Were Two Full Books Of Documentation ,They Described The functions in the header files and the libraries .In This software this is not there ,Is someone out there on the net that has done something for This .
.I Am Seriously Thinking Of Using Something More Professional ,This i Feel is Useless .

hammerhead said:
@praka123

Anjuta is not a compiler, its just an IDE. But a good one. gcc or g++ are the real compilers.

oops.I used that "compiler" word again !:eek:hyeah: anjuta is a IDE -so is most of 'em.but I read that gcc too got some fork :)

Hi ,

Try This atleast the development of the ide is there .This alaos means they know what development in GCC And Mingw Etc etc Compilers Are Going On .If We forget The IDE For a Sec Whats the Best Open Source Compiler ,Man This Time i Am Really Gonna Kick Ass in The Programming Scene ,I am thrilled ,That Time There Was No Internet ,Only Books And that Too rotten Once ,Now We Have The Net And This Time I am Gonna make a Kick Ass Antivirus Product .Yaa Hooo .

Direct Link For Code :Block IDE :Home

Both MSVC and MingW are good. I sell softwares built on both and both have been very good. I love MingW, only thing is you have to put in some time for learning the build system.

EDIT: And good choice on Codeblocks. It has come a long way and good to see that its maturing. I have worked quite a bit on wxwidgets (on which codeblocks is built on), but moved on the wxpython for quite a while. Good luck with your dev work.

i would suggest MingW32 + Relo

but nower days devs code their most applications in .net hence explain dead projects as people are no longer interested in them.

However *nix systems are highly associated with C language, as a result GCC is still under active development version 4.3.1 was released June, this year:D

random2 said:
If you dont want any headaches, VC express is a very good option. Only problem with it is, if you build GUI using it, your clients/target machines should have .NET installed. You dont get the win32 mfc stuff for GUI / other API work (i.e directly ;)).
I would vote for Visual C++ Express edition for windows.

when we want to develop mfc/atl applications using any other compilers mfc/atl libraries are needed. (i mean you cant develop using gcc)
but there is a work around. the wdk or the platform sdk that is distributed for free has mfc/atl libraries packaged. so we can use express edition to build mfc/atl apps. all you need to do is set the header and linker paths properly.:hap2:

booo said:
I would vote for Visual C++ Express edition for windows.

when we want to develop mfc/atl applications using any other compilers mfc/atl libraries are needed. (i mean you cant develop using gcc)
but there is a work around. the wdk or the platform sdk that is distributed for free has mfc/atl libraries packaged. so we can use express edition to build mfc/atl apps. all you need to do is set the header and linker paths properly.:hap2:
True ,
Downloaded The Bugger And Installed It Yesterday

Back