UBER says outstanding payment

UBER was a great idea a few years ago but now the competitors of this company are doing more profitable business then this. I can give you an example of my country. Careem is the best car hiring app in Pakistan which works same as Uber. I am quite surprised by this fact!
This is India so careem doesn't matter here.
For my city uber is cheapest and best. Ola are out of their minds with insane unrealistic rates.

my last 3 rides with ola went something like this.
I book the ride, I get a call from driver asking if card or cash. when I say ola money, he says saar I want cash. I ask what should I do? he says he'll come to me, he'll cancel the ride and he'll take the amount which was shown to me. I say no, I have 350 bucks lying in ola money without use, he says ok and cancels the ride anyway.

no such problems in uber even though both uber,ola show same rates to me

my last 3 rides with ola went something like this.
I book the ride, I get a call from driver asking if card or cash. when I say ola money, he says saar I want cash. I ask what should I do? he says he'll come to me, he'll cancel the ride and he'll take the amount which was shown to me. I say no, I have 350 bucks lying in ola money without use, he says ok and cancels the ride anyway.

no such problems in uber even though both uber,ola show same rates to me

I had similar encounters with uber but were good as they didnt declined my ride for money sake. And few were illiterates as they didnt knew about payment thing. They blindly accept the ride and upon completion they ask for cash when I say its a card booking they then keep repeating their pains related to income and shit etc.

Few months ago I went to pick somebody from airport after midnight, while returning after accepting the ride uber driver asked if its cash or card then he said his car is low on fuel and needs cash to refill. He then asked to book another cab as his cab wont be able to cover the distance and he need cash so while on the way he will refill.
I manually checked cars dashboard and indicator had ok sort of fuel. Then we came to a negotiation that he will get same amount of cash as quoted in the app but first cancel the booking from his own end. He agreed. And in this way both of our issues resolved.:cool:

On 31st Dec I though had a very bad experience with uber as I needed a pool around 10p and literally 5 drivers kept accepting and rejecting my requests one after another and finally the 6th one accepted.
He said nobody risks pooling at this time and being a new yr rates are hiked too and cabs will ply only on limited routes.

Rates of ola were out of the world as always. 400 bucks to airport on 31st night:wtf: insanely off world.

Last edited:
...He then asked to book another cab as his cab wont be able to cover the distance and he need cash so while on the way he will refill.
I manually checked cars dashboard and indicator had ok sort of fuel. Then we came to a negotiation that he will get same amount of cash as quoted in the app but first cancel the booking from his own end. He agreed...

So basically after connecting the driver and passenger, uber is being scammed out of their commission?

To be fair to the drivers, i think they should be given a choice, as in see the trip destination and then decided whether to accept. This will solve most of the first accept, then cancel nonsense.

And yes ola pricing is retarded...

So basically after connecting the driver and passenger, uber is being scammed out of their commission?

To be fair to the drivers, i think they should be given a choice, as in see the trip destination and then decided whether to accept. This will solve most of the first accept, then cancel nonsense.

And yes ola pricing is retarded...

It is obvious they first see the destination and then act whether to accept or not. But they always have reserved excuses or should i say "Tricks" to get cash in return no matter the mode of payment. They will insist, give lame excuses or anything.
So it is up to us how to act smartly, be firm and not fall for them. They use these tricks as getting cash is very profitable rather than waiting for 45 days for their payment to get release.
If the traveler is unaware of payment media he then will get looted for both cash (even though he selected CC/paytm etc.) and for next trip he will be billed for the previous trip + current trip. Here no point wasting time with cab services CC as they clearly state "you have to pay via the selected mode no matter what".
  1. Actually the cab service should keep notifying drivers from time to time that mode of payment cannot be altered by either parties unless otherwise.
  2. And most importantly the drivers should be paid either on daily wages basis or timely every 30 days as it is indeed a type of salary for them.
  3. No wonder 80% drivers have their cabs on loan amount so obviously a pain for them to feed their family, pay loan installments, maintain cab and have some savings.... too difficult in reality on such uncertain income:depressed:
So if payment is regular then such practices will get curbed automatically.

I have went through this couple of months ago (have my thread here and active since 2 days) I was fairly very lucky enough for getting double uber credits so I was actually in a 200%profit here but not everyone is so much lucky.;)

Last edited:
As far as i've been told by uber drivers, they don't see the trip destination till after they've accepted. So they call and confirm the destination. Then hang up and cancel the ride because they don't want to go there. Otherwise they would have cancelled before accepting right?

Back