UBER says outstanding payment

nRiTeCh

Skilled
On my uber app I have default selected credit card payment.
Yesterday I booked cab for my sis and she made payment via cash

Now today when I checked my emails and uber app I was in total shock as it says yesterdays trip payment is still pending.

upload_2018-9-6_19-41-51.png

upload_2018-9-6_19-43-36.png

upload_2018-9-6_19-43-55.png

upload_2018-9-6_19-45-2.png

Now there aint any customer care/toll-free no of uber India.

So where to get this resolved??

I dont wanna make double payment and without making payment i wont be able to book further rides as it will keep me nagging for this already made payment.

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-6_19-44-23.png
    upload_2018-9-6_19-44-23.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 299
I have also experienced this. Since in India we require otp to authenticate payment made via credit cards it will fail when uber tries to charge to that credit card at the end of the ride. There was no need to pay cash to the driver as payment mode was credit card. The amount of trip is collected by uber when you try to book cab another time. Before booking it will ask you to pay for your earlier trip and then only it will proceed ahead to book the cab. Hope this helps. Anyways uber app itself has many options under help, try out and see what uber says.

I already received dual refunds as credits from them but even after 15+ replies they fail to answer my very basic query as to how to get rid of that in-app outstanding payment prompt until I received a call today afternoon and was told that on my next ride everything will get settled from those credits itself, I just have to choose cash transactions.

I also complained about the driver and other drivers as well who force the customers to pay in cash citing petty reasons even if the customer has booked the ride on card basis.

My sis also told me that the driver kept insisting on cash even when he knew it was a card to be payment. Ridiculous!!

More to that they are clearly saying that "any other mode of payment is out of Uber business and is not considered as a transaction and you are bound to pay only using the selected payment method chosen at the time of booking."
WTF.

I already received dual refunds as credits from them but even after 15+ replies they fail to answer my very basic query as to how to get rid of that in-app outstanding payment prompt until I received a call today afternoon and was told that on my next ride everything will get settled from those credits itself, I just have to choose cash transactions.

I also complained about the driver and other drivers as well who force the customers to pay in cash citing petty reasons even if the customer has booked the ride on card basis.

My sis also told me that the driver kept insisting on cash even when he knew it was a card to be payment. Ridiculous!!
Thats more on the cab driver than on uber. Not defending uber here but you have to say to cab driver no when he asks for cash.[DOUBLEPOST=1536337291][/DOUBLEPOST]
More to that they are clearly saying that "any other mode of payment is out of Uber business and is not considered as a transaction and you are bound to pay only using the selected payment method chosen at the time of booking."
WTF.
whats new in this? suppose I paid thru card and then call uber and say I paid cash, isn't it my fault?

I like how uber shows distance covered. I don't find that mentioned with ola nor the total time of the trip.

I don't use any cards with these people, only cash and never bother with their wallet

I've never faced such an issue ever

Since yesterday got few calls of apology from uber. Towards goodwill they have credited me double amount.
I have asked them to direct to their drivers not to ever ask or beg or insist and force for cash payment to any customer. They will be taking this seriously. Lets see how my next ride goes with them.
I prefer uber due to their very cheap rates and flexible payment options unlike ola which costs 40 50 bucks extra with ltd payment options.

Yesterday when i ordered on Uber eats, 100 discount code was applied. It showed on my screen but didnt show on the delivery guy's phone. He stood there for 20mins trying to call them but no reply. I just paid him extra 100 to get done with this shit. Its a problem with their shit app. Already the UI is stupid.

Also on my phone it showed discounted price on two screens and on tracking screen it showed without discount lol

They ask for cash because they get the payment immediately instead of waiting for uber to pay them and they can also avoid income tax deductions if any.

They ask for cash because they get the payment immediately instead of waiting for uber to pay them and they can also avoid income tax deductions if any.

Or maybe the guy has taken his car on loan and need to pay the monthly EMI. Probably Uber does the same to him and not pays on time.

I don't understand how people have faith in a faceless company that is known for cheating governments of tax money by flouting all rules etc. If they can cheat governments, they won't think twice about cheating the drivers or customers.

Also uber/ola delays payments to these drivers sometimes. As many of them run rented cars, they need money in hand to pay for fuel. so many prefer cash.

Or maybe the guy has taken his car on loan and need to pay the monthly EMI. Probably Uber does the same to him and not pays on time.

People with loans really prefer lump payments to bank accounts than cash payments. Its way better for them since instant payments would also mean instant splurging on booze and other expenses and no savings. At least, this is the opinion of our office cab drivers who also drive Ola/Uber.

On the flip side, delayed payments can be an issue. But from what I heard from drivers, Uber is way more disciplined than Ola about everything from requirement for proper documentation to payments.

I don't understand how people have faith in a faceless company that is known for cheating governments of tax money by flouting all rules etc. If they can cheat governments, they won't think twice about cheating the drivers or customers.

Well, that's almost all companies across the planet. :rolleyes:

I have same issue and now i cant even order on ubereats as it shows pending payment for something i din take as cabbie din come for 30 mins yet they kept cancellation charges

^^ This usually happens when

1. You canceled the cab after more than 5 min of booking.
2. The cabbie came to your location, but you didn't board in 5 min.

In either case, it its not due to fault of yours, you can request cancellation of the charges immediately from the app itself. Have had done is myself on couple of occasions. Not sure if it will go through now..

UBER was a great idea a few years ago but now the competitors of this company are doing more profitable business then this. I can give you an example of my country. Careem is the best car hiring app in Pakistan which works same as Uber. I am quite surprised by this fact!

UBER was a great idea a few years ago but now the competitors of this company are doing more profitable business then this. I can give you an example of my country. Careem is the best car hiring app in Pakistan which works same as Uber. I am quite surprised by this fact!
True, seems the customers are having a blast enjoying the good service.

Back