Ubisoft just increased their new game prices by almost 100%

If Audi can be downloaded and 3D printed, people will steal and use at their will.

Nope !! Piracy cannot be stopped but more people will come out of it ONLY if the Digital goods are affordable to them. PERIOD
If it wasn't for Steam sales/regional pricing, many would still continue to pirate games. Greedy Publishers should stop the blame game and address the glaring issue at hand.
I dont think you are understanding or may be do not want to accept. Either way, I beg to differ and do not like to continue discussing this further since accepting to realistic facts will be the only base on which we can discuss this topic.

I dont think you are understanding or may be do not want to accept. Either way, I beg to differ and do not like to continue discussing this further since accepting to realistic facts will be the only base on which we can discuss this topic.
I feel the same. Realistic fact is, piracy exist and cannot be stopped. Rest of the points are mere opinions on both ends. :)

For me Open Beta was good on my laptop whose specs are outdated. Could play in low but was enjoyable. So For me GRW was worth it. I liked its military coop type genre.

But you have to look at it properly, Its the same thing. The game gives you a open world, which is littered with quests, which are the same thing, just a different story or environment. And you fight enemies who are basically either of 4 types.
Bring a couple of friends and then the game will be fun. But is the game worth it then. (dunno might be just me)
FYI, L4D and Payday are made for co-op and are hell-lot-of-fun.
"Insanity is doing the exact same ****ing thing over and over again, expecting... shit to change." - From a ubisoft game :D
One of my fav quotes lol.

Piracy cannot be stopped or people perception of viewing these will not change. Since pirated games are absolutely free and at the same time Ubi is making it more costlier which will never change the mind of people who are downloading pirated games.
Once i told my friend that one good game is available for rs 300/- and you know what was his response!!! he said "Hey why are you spending rs 300/- instead i will give you a link and you can download it for free"
Same product is available for both free and huge price - what you think most of them will do? go for free

But, I stopped buying Ubisoft games when i have to play it via Uplay. Will buy only from steam while its at a decent price.

Once i told my friend that one good game is available for rs 300/- and you know what was his response!!! he said "Hey why are you spending rs 300/- instead i will give you a link and you can download it for free"
This is exactly what I am pointing at.
People pirate because they are habituated to piracy and not because of the cost. I am sure your friend can afford that price of Rs 300.

This is exactly why I was saying price is not "the" factor for piracy while definitely people will say it as one of the reasons for their habits.

Couple of things we all do to mitigate this increase in game prices and availability are -
1) Wait for price discounts or sale on various game providers like Steam, GOG, Humblebundle, Orgin etc
2) Play the games that we can purchase and avoid any other illegal means of procuring the game.
3) Avoid the developers/publishers completely and stick to other alternatives or franchisee we like the most (fanboyish).

Its the choices we make that determines us being a pirate or a gamer. Justifying piracy based on pricing is as good as stealing something that you cant afford and blaming it on your poverty.

Piracy cannot be stopped or people perception of viewing these will not change.
I understand what you are trying to say. But the crux lies in we as an individual behaving the right way. We all know piracy is not legal, so if we make our choices right, I am sure we can change ourselves.
I did it and so can anyone.

PS:: Till late 2009, I called myself a gamer who relied on pirated disks for games until one of my friends from my organization spoke to me about the ill effects of piracy in brief. I Gave it a thought and since then I played games that I can afford and now I spend on games that are worth the money while the rest of the games simply dont waste time on.

That doesn't mean anything, guy with gpu can only redeem it.
He must be selling uplay id with activated game

I'm pretty sure this is a key.. I have seen many people selling it like this..
How it would work is you could share your uplay credentials with the guy and he can redeem it on your behalf on his machine.. The geforce experience software will just verify the GPU to unlock the key..
Actually my point was you can still get the key for almost 1k like this..

Back