Ubuntu Fan thread

Anyone using Ubuntu 18.04 in their machine and facing serious lag at Youtube Videos...Tested with Chrome and the experience is horrible, I'm on 50 Mbps connection without FUP so bandwidth, not an issue here.

My Laptop is i3-4010u with Intel Graphics + 8GB RAM and the Ubuntu Installed in 500 GB HDD.

I don't think this problem exists in the previous version of Ubuntu....which is 16.04. When I got the Laptop I installed 14.04 as the Fresh copy and after 2017 I upgrade to 16.04 and there are several problems including Wi-Fi unavailability, Also lost complete Desktop Bar / Menus etc - So I immediately did a fresh install to 18.04 once the image is available.

Also till date, I didn't receive a single update for 18.04 - Very Very Strange.... I installed the final version after the release which is 27 or 28 th April.

Any help?

Edit :- If I'm fail to explain the above - The issue with youtube videos like there is no video driver installed hense the playback was choppy like cutting blocks in several places...maybe flash player issue !!

Last edited:
Anyone using Ubuntu 18.04 in their machine and facing serious lag at Youtube Videos...Tested with Chrome and the experience is horrible, I'm on 50 Mbps connection without FUP so bandwidth, not an issue here.

My Laptop is i3-4010u with Intel Graphics + 8GB RAM and the Ubuntu Installed in 500 GB HDD.

I don't think this problem exists in the previous version of Ubuntu....which is 16.04. When I got the Laptop I installed 14.04 as the Fresh copy and after 2017 I upgrade to 16.04 and there are several problems including Wi-Fi unavailability, Also lost complete Desktop Bar / Menus etc - So I immediately did a fresh install to 18.04 once the image is available.

Also till date, I didn't receive a single update for 18.04 - Very Very Strange.... I installed the final version after the release which is 27 or 28 th April.

Any help?

Edit :- If I'm fail to explain the above - The issue with youtube videos like there is no video driver installed hense the playback was choppy like cutting blocks in several places...maybe flash player issue !!
Didn't Youtube move to HTML5?

Well...Looks like this is a well known bug and strange things I didn't notice earlier - Also this is affecting just not only Youtube Videos but also other streaming services...Tested Amazon Prime Video and reselt is same. If the camera move or anything moove such as hand the picture broke 5 to 6 places and once the movement or Camera Pan complete it settles down. If the scene is static no sudden movemet then it is allright...quite annoying.

Here is the Bug : https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nux/+bug/1767468

I thought this due to new desktop - Other than this 18.04 is runs fine.

Though Top Bar used to display Title Bar but now it is useless and it eats up quite a lot of screen...hence display is area become small for small screen laptop.

@dissel did you fresh install or upgrade to 18.04 ? and did you try the fix suggested in comment number 6 in the bug report you mentioned?

Thanks for the reply, I did a fresh install of 18.04 - No Upgrade. I found user reporting this issue since 17.10 - And it appears only on Final Version - Even people are reporting that all 18.04 beta version is free from this bug.

Did you try the workaround even though it's a fresh install?

Well....I didn't find the file which is "50_check_unity_support" located at /etc/X11/Xsession.d/

Because there is no unity desktop 18.04 - Here is the files at the following location - Don't knaow what to do.

xEbHbaJ.png

And 'lspci -v' shows this -

mJjAOw7.png

Last edited:
UPDATE : Got IT - No need to Answer. SOLVED.
-------------------
How to open a file in the file explorer of 18.04 on single click of the mouse ? I know by default it is double click but where is the settings to enable it ?

Where is the 'On-Board' the most useful On Screen Keyboard ?
--------------------
UPDATE : Got IT - No need to Answer. SOLVED.
posting the solution here would be appreciated

Liked the wallpaper.
Downloading ubuntu 18.04 wallpapers package, hoping to find it there :)[DOUBLEPOST=1526647542][/DOUBLEPOST]Nope, This dark wallpaper is not inside Ubuntu's default wallpapers package.
Can you please post this full sized wallpaper for me?
Thank you..

Liked the wallpaper.
Downloading ubuntu 18.04 wallpapers package, hoping to find it there :)[DOUBLEPOST=1526647542][/DOUBLEPOST]Nope, This dark wallpaper is not inside Ubuntu's default wallpapers package.
Can you please post this full sized wallpaper for me?
Thank you..

Here is all background images I can find in the Wallpaper Folder of ubuntu 18.04 installation - Upload them all here, There is more than one dark wallpaper in the bunch - Hopefully, all are in high quality and Downloadable.

https://imgur.com/a/zlhDVu1

Last edited:
18.10 comes with Android phone support. ie, you will be able to mount the phone memory and read notifications from Ubuntu. Something I was waiting for since a long time. They are porting KDE Connect app to Gnome.

Back