Ultra teaser of the New World

Hi TE

Happy that the world is still revolving and life goes on:)
This is my teaser.
Guess what product is this? Easy, though a sloppy clue. :)

Will post the entire show off by today evening. Just held up that's all.

Just noticed:
Hip Hip Hurrah. My 500th Post on TE and its a Show Off.
Thanks a lot members of TE.
I have been a member of TE for the past 4 years and enhanced my knowledge on Technology et all. I have badgered prominent members through PM and quenched my queries by creating threads. Many thanks to all for putting up with my doubts.

Its been nice hanging out here!

-------------
Any way after irritating you and after umpteen views, no one is able to guess this product. Sorry my mistake. Gave a stupid clue.

Its

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/whoosah.jpg/

The Ultrabook from Lenovo stable - Ideapad U510

& oh Its Not some New Mac.

Specifications:
Processor : Core i5 - 3317U - 1.70Ghz
Gfx : intel HD 4000 :)
RAM : 6 GB DDR3 SODIMM
Storage : Hitachi 750GB 5400rpm HDD :)
Sandisk 24GB SSD :(
Display : 15.6" max 1366 x 768 :(
ODD : DVDRw
Keyboard: Full Keyboard with Numpad

Ports : USB 3.0 X 1, USB 2.0 X 2, HDMI X 1, RJ45 X 1, MiniVGA X 1 Headphone/Set X 1, Memory Card Slot

Battery : 45W ( Average Battery Life @ 6hrs )
Weight : 4.8 lbs (2.2kg)
Color : Graphite Grey
Damages : 650$ (INR 36,000) :) from Amazon and a big thanks to the person who got it to me.

It was actually a gift for my Dad. And I am using it for now. Ironing out the kinks of Win 8 and to help him as with using Win 7. Also facing a lot of issues on this one. Also a review is in the process. Waiting for Lenovo to give me a prompt response and a solution to the issues.

Watch out for the Review of Lenovo U 510 - Hopefully soon.

Till then enjoy some more pictures.

Si96y.jpg

A macaroon you sat on by mistake.

whatsinaname, Nice...

Updated the Show Off. Pour your thoughts please....

:D

Nicely specced laptop except for maybe the SSD. Is that something user replaceable or is there some software that treats the SSD and HDD as a Hybrid Drive?

What kind of battery life are you getting?

Ultra showoff with not so ultra specs :p

Congrats on the buy :)

Under that price you could have bought a more than decent gaming laptop :p

:p

I generally dislike laptops but this new ultra book segment is somewhat tolerable. A gaming laptop stops being a laptop once it is branded as being "gaming".

Ultra showoff with not so ultra specs
tongu23e.gif

Congrats on the buy
happy19.gif

Under that price you could have bought a more than decent gaming laptop
tongu23e.gif

So true Darky. I would have, if it was for me. But it is for my dad. He had trusty ol Inspiron 1525 for 5 full years along with lenovo Numpad for his profession. So for him to be at ease, I went for the ultrabooks with numpad, only this model and ASUS S56CA were available & I chose this one bcause it had i5 and good trusty warranty from Lenovo . Moreover I dont like playing games on laptops. BTW Its way too cool and not getting warm at all.

:D

Nicely specced laptop except for maybe the SSD. Is that something user replaceable or is there some software that treats the SSD and HDD as a Hybrid Drive?

What kind of battery life are you getting?

:p

I generally dislike laptops but this new ultra book segment is somewhat tolerable. A gaming laptop stops being a laptop once it is branded as being "gaming".

Heh. Same POV. I have worked on ASUS Prime Zen. Its awesome. Better than Macbook Air in some respects. But nowhere near Mac boys.
For me, I am gonna play games then a kick ass monitor atleast 22 inch, Gaming keyboard rather than soft type, Mouse rather than scratchy trackpad and mind blowing sound are what I need. Laptops are not my type. If one has to pick laptops for gaming I would rather pick iPad and go bonkers.

I am not sure about your queries though.
SSD: Sandisk model known for some troubles. Hitachi is one leading hybrid manufacturers. Have not opened the UB with my dad around. Will do so some other time
Specs: Decent ones, though other models have nVidia 610 & 625m options at 150$ more. For me not needed, hence intel HD4000
Battery: Having troubles. Will update you after I get response from Lenovo. Initially gave me 4+ hrs on packed battery. The problem is Battery Ain't Charging:( (I know...:death:, already got thrashed by my dad . Why get an ultrabook when it has no useful battery life)

@iaudio, Hmm. Noticed faster boot of Win 8. Faster copy to devices on USB 2.0. though performance is not stable.
The Onboard Gfx intel HD4000 is sufficient to run HD Videos. I never tried to play BD videos. Tried some HD mkv files and no hiccups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Under that price you could have bought a more than decent gaming laptop
This is an ultrabook, gaming laptops are bulky, have much lower battery life and heat quite a lot. Frankly speaking I feel a gaming laptop is a total waste of money, unless you are falling really short of place. Ultrabooks on the other hand are very portable, and have good battery life, if I ever buy a laptop it will be an ultrabook :)

OP its a quite a nice deal for an ultrabook, how much does the laptop battery lasts under normal usage?

@Aces170,
As already mentioned in the thread. On the shipped battery it gave me approx 4 hrs+. Have not tested it again. Its not charging:( Will give a full review once I hear from Lenovo guys and problem is solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back