Unable to delete Facebook account even after multiple tries: Frustrated

ashish

Adept
I'm trying to delete my very very old fb account which was created in my early college days in 2004 or so.
But dont know why but fb fails or seems refuse to delete it permanently.

I already went through all the usual process thrice in past 3 months:

upload_2019-2-13_15-22-23.png

upload_2019-2-13_15-22-41.png

upload_2019-2-13_15-22-56.png

upload_2019-2-13_15-23-21.png

Now today is 13th Feb and just tried to login and great, every bit of information is as is as it was before 17th jan. No deletion process ever started nothing missing from my pics or stories.
I'm really very pissed off at this.

And what does this mean "Once you've submitted your account for deletion, you'll have 30 days to reactivate your account and cancel the deletion"
I hope the clear meaning is to actually login and go back to settings and click undelete or something similar button.

Is Fb a joke on this part? Are they simply trying to compete with twitter etc. in terms of user accounts number crunch to maximize their statistics??

Also, does it mean if I even try login within those 30 days the deletion process will break or will automatically cancelled? I never ever tried login within 30 day of the process.

In fact earlier I waited for 70 days and then login and still same story to my surprise.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Last edited:
And what does this mean "Once you've submitted your account for deletion, you'll have 30 days to reactivate your account and cancel the deletion"
I hope the clear meaning is to actually login and go back to settings and click undelete or something similar button.

No.
Its as simple as, delete account, and then DONT LOGIN for 30 days.

Even if you log in accidentally, the deletion will be automatically cancelled.

you should never log in within 30days after you submitted the delete request. not even on phone. so delete messenger on phone and then submit delete request on PC.

Once I deleted my Facebook account in 2010... Then I didn't used my account for more than a year. My friends were not able to visit/view my profile or other stuff during that time.

Then after 1 year, at the end of 2011, I tried to log in my Facebook account with the same email and password, and I get the same account back. I got back almost all the data i.e. pictures and videos and the pages that I created. Nothing was deleted. But during the time after deleting the account, my friends were not able to access my account.

I guess they just make it private account and don't actually delete it. You can get back the same account once you tried to log in again.

So basically the idea of deleting your fb account is purely misleading. What it is doing on name of deletion is simply putting your account into hibernated mode or inactive. So the delete button and all whats warned or displayed is just a joke.

As op said seems fb is competing with rivals hence wants to retain user base either by hook or crook. With no respect for it's users.
This issue should be raised.

#Facebook never deletes anything technically.. that is the business they run on..
A network from 1 person into multiple x multiple x multiple = can collapse as well.. (lot of inactive/fake data.
Required records are available officially/unofficially !!!!

Back