Video Unable to mod the WDTV Live

After experimenting with my WDTV LIVE for nearly 2 hours, I'm still unable to upgrade to CFW. This is what I did

1. Formatted USB stick to FAT32
2. Downloaded the latest firmware and extracted the contents to a single folder "1.01.24_B-RAD.CC_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.1.9-6"
3. Copied the contents of this folder to the USB stick and plugged it into the WDTV LIVE.
4. No results, it just detects the USB stick as a normal content carrier and doesn't give an option to upgrade to CFW.

Also tried just copying these files into the root "Net.mounts, S00custom-options, smb.conf, wdtvlive.bin,wdtvlive.ver" directly with no results.

Also tried just copying "wdtvlive.bin,wdtvlive.ver" directly with no results.
Help is seriously appreciated.

Open file wdtvlive.ver in any editor.

Update the version mentioned in wdtvlive.ver file. (Refer last step mentioned in readme file available in package)

I had done the same thing. Currently running WDLXTV latest firmware.

maxme said:
Open file wdtvlive.ver in any editor.
Update the version mentioned in wdtvlive.ver file. (Refer last step mentioned in readme file available in package)

I had done the same thing. Currently running WDLXTV latest firmware.

Hey thanks a lot. That actually worked.

@neoronin
Yes, you save amazing amount of power + NO full night noise of cabinet fan if you have desktop.

I heard that WDTV Sigma chip may not be capable to handle 10-12 torrents, Just check with 2-3 torrents & give your feedback.

PM Me if you need any help. Can meet you in the city.

Praks said:
@babhishek
Yes, very much :)

Already mod is available. I am yet to find a person who owns WDTV Live & Test it.

Dude Praks.. why cant I see your thread on which hd player man???

IS there some error or have the mods deleted???

Praks said:
@babhishek
Yes, very much :)

Already mod is available. I am yet to find a person who owns WDTV Live & Test it.

My friend borrowed my 750 GB seagate external drive. As he has returned it, I will try out some torrents using WDTV Live.

I will update the results. :hap2:

Tried a movie torrent, Getting speed of 180 kbps in download.

After you install WDLXTV, you get deluge client which runs in browser. Interface is very much similar utorrent, easy to use.

:)

maxme said:
Tried a movie torrent, Getting speed of 180 kbps in download.
After you install WDLXTV, you get deluge client which runs in browser. Interface is very much similar utorrent, easy to use.

:)

Care to share the process step by step?

@maxme

Oh man, Those 2 lines....

I was waiting for that confirmation from almost 4 months. Sad that no one TE did that for me :(

Thank you so much. I am out of race on all EGAT & Play on HD stuff.

As neoronin said, pls give steps if you can.

i too have a wdtv live and would like to know the steps as well as benefits of modding it.

Also i facing issues playing some hd mp4 files and some mkv music videos. The mp4 files are getting skipped saying format not supported and the mkv files get auto fwded as soon as i play them. to play them properly i need to manually fwd them for couple of seconds and then play. I am on the latest official firmware.

A warning note to guys who go to wdtvforum [not wdtvforums], the site is getting re-directed to a malware site quite often where it is trying to install some trojan/virus on your system. I googled on how to download torrents with wdtv live, the top search will be this site. So exercise caution. There is a thread in the site about it and the admin states that it is fixed. However today morning also same thing happened to me.

I can prepare a step by step guide, but I cant promise when I can get time to do that.

I got my WD live 2 months back and modded it last week only so you can see that i really don't get much time for it. I will try my best.

In the mean time if someone is trying to mod, I can help them out, just like i did for neoronin.

Back