Unable to open iostream.h

Maryam

Disciple
i m not familiar with Programming my problem is that whenever i write a c++ program i get a message which says that the compiler is unable to open iostream.h file. Can somebody help me? i m using windows xp.

Thanks for your consideration! i m using windows xp and compiler turbo c++ with IDE dosbox version 0.74 . my compiler is unable to open include file iostream.h.i hv tried your suggested code blocks version 10.05 with GNUGCC and many other compilers but i get an error message whenever i build a code which says that the prog debugger is using an invalid compiler probably because the tool chain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly.kindly tell me which compiler should i use to fix this problem?

Turbo C++ is pretty horrible. Codeblocks comes with MingGW compiler which should work, Could you please give me the exact error message?

@Maryam Try going to Settings->Compiler and Debugger->ToolChain Executables ->Click Auto Detect on the compiler's installation directory . The IDE should auto-detect the path and work.

Last edited by a moderator:
the exact error message is "myprog - Debug" uses an invalid compiler. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! Skipping...
Nothing to be done.

- - - Updated - - -

ok now i m getting a confirmation message saying that the IDE could not auto detect installation path of "GNU GCC' compiler then it's asking do you want to use this compiler's default installation directory? my compiler is mingw32-g++.exe

i hv tried a lot to resolve it but its to troublous to use.it displays the same message every time i try to build a program.i m not getting it fixed. anyways thanks a lot for your cooperation.

Back