Unable to register for ICICI iMobile

raksrules

Elite
I am unable to regjster for ICICI imobile no matter how many times I try. The mobile number is my registered number.
I download the app and it sends the activation message and then tells me to choose from touch id, pin or I'd password. I select pin and put a 4 digit pin number and I get this error...

IMG_0582.JPG

So at this point, one would feel that registration didn't happen. So I force close the app and restart and then I get screen which asks me for pin directly which leads me to believe that registration actually happened. But when I enter the pin number, I get message as below..

IMG_0583.JPG

I have no idea what is wrong. Does anyone have any clue or what I can do to successfully register?

By any chance, do you have 2 sim cards. remove the secondary card and try.
If this does not work, try registering on another phone with your sim card

shut wifi off and only use data on sim. that icici app is a pita during such times.

edit: looks like you're not using wifi. try the opposite - with wifi only.

ot: what's that lock icon in circle?

shut wifi off and only use data on sim. that icici app is a pita during such times.

edit: looks like you're not using wifi. try the opposite - with wifi only.

ot: what's that lock icon in circle?

With wifi you cannot do anything since the app prompts you to turn off wifi and I always tried with data only.

Am getting the exact same error as in screenshot, iMobile is horrible in iOS , horrible UX, works fine in Android. Anybody got this issue in iOS , please let know

Am getting the exact same error as in screenshot, iMobile is horrible in iOS , horrible UX, works fine in Android. Anybody got this issue in iOS , please let know

I am currently using iPhone 5S and it works fine in this and so does in my wife's iphone X.

I am currently using iPhone 5S and it works fine in this and so does in my wife's iphone X.
You are facing no issues with iPhone 5s because it has older iOS version and iPhone X has a different form factor. ICICI does not do quality testing for lesser known iPhone models like iPhone SE(the model I have) which has smaller form factors, simple things like text alignment and functionality are not tested . They cannot keep up development with the latest iOS versions for lesser important phones

Last edited:
You are facing no issues with iPhone 5s because it has older iOS version and iPhone X has a different form factor. ICICI does not do quality testing for lesser known iPhone models like iPhone SE(the model I have) which has smaller form factors, simple things like text alignment and functionality are not tested . They cannot keep up development with the latest iOS versions for lesser important phones

But the issue I have is on 6S and I am sure there are other 6S users for whom it is working fine.

But the issue I have is on 6S and I am sure there are other 6S users for whom it is working fine.
exactly, they do not do quality testing on all devices. Their app devlopment team is worse than some government apps. I have written hundreds of mail to their customer support, but it seems like a dead end, very frustrated

Older OS and phones aren't supported by some banks and for icici you mandatorily need to be on mobile data. Wifi or hotspot will never work.

Older OS and phones aren't supported by some banks and for icici you mandatorily need to be on mobile data. Wifi or hotspot will never work.
tried every combination , does not work .
On the other hand when I talk of bad UI , see the attached screenshot from pockets app(half of the app does not work for me) as well as iMobile app(see the text alignment in the second tile). Does this in any way look professional ????
Post automatically merged:

am using the latest iOS 13.4.1

Attachments

• IMG_0495.PNG
    IMG_0495.PNG
    43.3 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0663.PNG
    IMG_0663.PNG
    83.9 KB · Views: 224
Try a day later.
That day I flashed new rom on my phone and on Gpay, axis bank upi wasnt getting activated, throwing some error. It got activated usually today.

Back