Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta - Discussion Thread

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Yep you heard that right ladies!

[strike]Uncharted[/strike] Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta has been announced for the PC, OSX, PS3, X360, Wii, Android & iOS by Saudi developers Semaphore. The release dates aren't known as yet.

TNCAT.jpg

Get ready for the spine-chiller of the year! When Arab fortune hunter Faris Jawad and his archeologist sister Dania receive a call to visit Morocco they embark on an exotic adventure throughout the Middle East on the trail of the famous Muslim explorer Ibn Battuta (1304-1369 A.D.). The trail won’t be clear however as Faris will have to overcome an unholy alliance of a militia army leader, a weapons dealer and a wealthy antiquities smuggler who are after the same goal.

Key Features:

-Unique mix of platforming, melee fighting, shooting and stealth gameplay.

-Travel across the Middle East from the wild life of Moroccan Atlas mountains to the alleys of old Damascus through the port of Alexandria and the metropolitan city of Dubai.

-Presented in a TV style episodic format along with recaps of previous episodes and teaser cliff hangers of what lies ahead.

Teaser trailer:

[youtube]V8YACATSVvo[/youtube]

Gameplay trailer:

[youtube]nw3DCtQR-xo[/youtube]

Saudi developers are a first but I am definitely looking forward to this title to see how much more have they derived/copied/borrowed from the Uncharted series.

PS: Is that the Arab clones of Elena, Drake and Sully? :eek:hyeah:

ragzdiablo said:
Android and iOS but no xbox? :(
Apologies, I missed out Wii and Facebook as well! Do not worry, the game is being developed for every other platform out there sans Linux. :p

vFKPk.jpg

Dang I can't help control my laughter with the way the guy seems to walk in the gameplay trailer. :rofl:

^ Agreed. The character models aren't as bad as I expected but the main guy walks like an epileptic puppet. Also you gotta love how they made the female character a sister! Really?

I think it wont interest many. Not because it has funny animations etc...But there is no originality here.Even the title seems imbecile.why they should follow uc series.

^Imagine what Naughty Dog must be going through after watching those trailers? :p

viralbug said:
Wow I didn't know Semaphore was a Saudi developer group.
Errrr I think you've got confused from some other Semaphore. Where have you heard this dev. before anyway?

@Aman: ROFLMAO! xD

Part of the title brings back pleasant memories of Chacha Chaudhry comic i read once.

And, With that much clothing, they very well could have made the chic fat. I mean Who's gonna give a flying rat's rear.

Infact any stunts pulled by her then would be more worthy of a watch.

Gannu said:
^Imagine what Naughty Dog must be going through after watching those trailers? :p
Errrr I think you've got confused from some other Semaphore. Where have you heard this dev. before anyway?

@Aman: ROFLMAO! xD
I was thinking hard and it just struck me. My mind was referring to this which we had in our syllabus. :gap:

Ethan_Hunt said:
Wasn't there a song called "Ibn-E-Batuta" in Ishqiya? :p
Yeah that's the first thing that came into my mind. :p

This game is teaching me so many things
20180707193534_1.jpg

In which game you have seen so many language support?

20180707193559_1.jpg

"Kunji" in hindi means key! I will admit I was unaware of this word.

20180707193801_1.jpg

Menu.

20180707194058_1.jpg

I will update it as I progress! :D

Last edited:
This game is a perfect example of if you should do any thing do it properly otherwise just don't do it. This game has few good things which are completely shadowed by its long list of flaws.
>Bad presentation of the story.
>Game settings does not save. You have to change the settings every time you start the game.
>No option for custom key binds.
>Mouse movement is not free. The sensitivity sucks.It feels like you are forcing yourself to look at some other direction.
>There is no minimap.There are no hints.
>poor animation, facial expressions etc.
>Bad dialogues.
>Poor melee combat & gunplay
>Bad gameplay (There is literally near 5-6 min long boring walking session for no reason)
>Bad cutscenes
>Buggy

The characters are from arab but speaks & sounds like americans.(There are no arab voice actors)

Overall I would say don't play this game or you can buy it, complete it and refund it too because the overall length is below 2 hours.:D I have completed it 100% & it took me slightly above 2 hours.

Last edited:
Back