Uninterrupted Power Backup for Home for Max 6 hours

Guys, I really need your help. Throw in some cautions and advises over here please. Am totally confused with Inverter/ Home UPS/ Online UPS etc.,

My Parents are in need of a backup solution for the frequent powercuts back home.

Power Requirements:

Basic Computer config:
Proc: AMD X2 5000+
MB: ASUS M2A VM
Ram: Corsair 2Gb DDRII
HDD: Seagate 250Gb SATA
ODD: Samsung DVDRW IDE
PSU: Zebronics 450W
Display: Samsung 19" LCD WS
Printer: HP 1020

Modem: Beetel 220BX
Router: Linksys WRT54G2

Note: The PC Will be used by dad for his work. Hence presume that this rig will be on for the max time.
Also this should not be restarted when switching from line to Inverter/UPS & vice versa.
Can adjust with Printer for reduced time backup.
Tube Lights X 4
CFL X 5
Fans X 4

Preference:
APC
Sukam
Budget:
INR 25k to 35k total incl wiring costs. If needed, will consider high costs for better soln.
Doubts:
The above mentioned computer is connected with APC Back-UPS 650. Will this work in tandem with the Power backup?

116 views and no reply.:mad: Not expected this.

Anyway since no one came out with their views, I had to go ahead with what little I knew and left the rest with the salesmen.

Anyway the config and the pricing are as follows:

Sukam -1.4KVA Home UPS - Smiley X 1 No

180Ah Su-Kam Tubular Battery X 2 Nos

Trolley is yet to be purchased. Apart from this the total cost with some offer was INR 34,700. The Other items are as follows.

The Installation charges were waived off / FREE.

Warranty :

Battery - 36 mths

UPS - 02 Yrs

AMC:

Included since the UPS warranty is 2 yrs. AMC Visit once in 2 months.

Will let you guys know how the kit works when there is a huge power cut.

The Load details are as follows:

Computer x 1 No

Fan x 6 Nos

Light/CFL x 6 Nos

Estimated Backup Time is 4~5 Hours at full Load

^sorry to see that you did not got any response,i think these days people are responding less than before most of them just come to site to read the response and only very few respond.

anyways your setup is ok but only thing is you should have gone for exide or okaya inva tubular batteries than su-kam.
su-kam makes very good inverters but not that good batteries.

Well given the load i don't think you had any other good options with regard to inverter.But for batteries i would have gone with exide EL or EL+ tubular batteries they have 4 & 5 years proper warranty.

Smiley is a good inverter..

Just want to inform you about a safety, but somewhat irritating feature of the inverter:

If you look at the back, there are 2 switches

one is HC and LC -- This is to choose b/w high or low charging current. I keep mine at low, but that would depend on personal circumstances I guess -- What mode are you using?

second is UPS or INVerter mode

UPS mode will do the switchover seamlessly, but will switch over to battery if the voltage isnt in the 200-260v range

so, if you are in an area where the voltage is > 250-260, use the INV mode, and protect the delicate appliances using stabilizers.

(otherwise it will operate on bateries, and you will not even notice until the battery runs out)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I paid 23k for smiley 1.4 + 2x150Ah flat plate batteries

Tubular batteries are Expensive!!

Thanks for the replies.

@think123

I would have gone for the Exide Tubular Batteries, except that the salesperson simply thrust the Sukam Batteries over to us. My Da went for it since he can always get it serviced immediately through them (Dealing both battery + Inverter) and he trusts Su-Kam.

@Akash

Thanks for the additional info. Will ask my parents to look into it. Anyway since there is only one Delicate Appliance ie Computer, they wont bother. And they never had any trouble with Electricity. Just some occasional Power Cuts and surges during Monsoon. Anyway will ask them to look into it.

How are the Flat Plate Batteries ,which brand and Warranty Details?

Back