Unlimited Usage on BSNL EVDO Upto 2Mbps?

beauty55

Disciple
getimage.dll

@beauty55: Where have you been..? EVDO is in action since the past several months... but unadvertised. ;) This is one the best plans by BSNL. But I don't know if National roaming is activated; within the state you can roam.

Well. One more news. BSNL is offering EVDO card for 2100/- only till stock lasts or upto 30-9-2009

Now regarding speed, it purely depends upon your location. I could never get above 512 kbps in Greater Noida where I live whlie the same EVDO card gives me 1500+ kbps in Sector-62, Noida. Ubuntu CD was downloaded in less than two hours. Great speed on HTTP downloads but torrents are slow.
BSNL guys are promoting EVDO in Greater Noida and they offer a demo at customer's premises. Maybe the same is happening in other cities too, so any one interested should first go for a demo.

^^ It depends.. Sometimes I get upto 70KBps speeds. Sometimes much less. But never in the range of 1mbps or above.

hp-india said:
^^ It depends.. Sometimes I get upto 70KBps speeds. Sometimes much less. But never in the range of 1mbps or above.

You are talking about download speed or internet speed?, because for getting download speed of 1MBPS you broadband speed should be 10MBPS. But if you are getting 70KBPS then your broadband speed is around 700KBPS.

Srini said:
You are talking about download speed or internet speed?, because for getting download speed of 1MBPS you broadband speed should be 10MBPS. But if you are getting 70KBPS then your broadband speed is around 700KBPS.

Wrong!

Whoever told you that.

With all limiting factors being redundant, with connection speed of 512Kbps(kilobits/sec) you should/can effectively get 512/8=64KBps(KiloBytes/sec) which is equal to 512kbps(kilobits/sec)...

For 1MBPS download speed you only need 1MBPS internet speed.

1KiloByte=8Kilobits :bleh:

vij said:
Wrong!
Whoever told you that.
With all limiting factors being redundant, with connection speed of 512Kbps(kilobits/sec) you should/can effectively get 512/8=64KBps(KiloBytes/sec) which is equal to 512kbps(kilobits/sec)...

For 1MBPS download speed you only need 1MBPS internet speed.
1KiloByte=8Kilobits :bleh:

So interesting with new formula, that means BSNL has cheated me, last time I got 1.69MBPS at speedtest, so I should get more than 1MBPS as download speed, I got only 200KBPS, I will file case against BSNL with your name as reference.:bleh:

Bsnl EVDO provides a shared IP address so one CANNOT download as a free user in rapidshare(Solution Rapidshare Premium or one has to be extremely lucky)..

Torents suck....

Srini said:
So interesting with new formula, that means BSNL has cheated me, last time I got 1.69MBPS at speedtest, so I should get more than 1MBPS as download speed, I got only 200KBPS, I will file case against BSNL with your name as reference.:bleh:

If you have a connection speed of !Mbpsyou should get download speed of 1Mbps. If you have a 1MBPS(unlikely :p) then you should get download speeds approaching 1MBPS

You still dont get this... do you...

JAK said:
Bsnl EVDO provides a shared IP address so one CANNOT download as a free user in rapidshare(Solution Rapidshare Premium or one has to be extremely lucky)..

Torents suck....

I believe they have started providing individual IPs. I'm not so sure about this, but I have absolutely no problems downloading from rapidshare. In fact, RS speeds in EVDO are very good.

hp-india said:
I believe they have started providing individual IPs. I'm not so sure about this, but I have absolutely no problems downloading from rapidshare. In fact, RS speeds in EVDO are very good.

wow.. thats cool...:hap2:
I still have a static IP.. maybe its region specific...:mad:

never mind coz I have purchased a 6 month Rapidshare account..:clap:

Back