AMD phenom x4 620
Biostar Ta790gx a3+ mobo
2*4 gb corsair xms3
80 gb sata hdd (good health)
9800gt gpu
No kb/mouse
TP-Link TL-WN725N 150Mbps Wireless N Nano USB Adapter

All working good no issues/crashes/bsods etc. Except for below issues:

Since last week I'm observing that the TP-Link wireless usb adapter looses it connectivity automatically after some random hours.
When I remove the Tp-Link from the rig and re-insert into any usb, the machine refuses to accept the device as there's no sound of plugging-in or any led activity on the device.

Its only that when I connect monitor, kb and mouse & login and then after few attempts the wireless device gets detected.
But its wireless bars shows all bars and then immediately single or zero range bar when my main D-Link modem is just in front of it.
upload_2019-3-5_22-35-19.png
upload_2019-3-5_22-35-4.png

During this issue when I try connect my wireless Logitech G7 mouse, it works cool but suddenly stutters in between as if 100% load on system but task manager shows 0% load on any component.

Control panel Power settings: Set to High Performance profile with all in-depth settings for WiFi adapters and others all set to max performance. No sleep/idling/suspend etc. enabled.

Both of the rigs win 10 settings/services are configured 99% identical except that on the secondary rig windows updates are completely disabled since last year.
As this rig is only used for vmware esx host which is accessed from main rigs V-center remotely.

Strange, when I connect this TP-Link to my main rig it keeps working for days without any issues. Same is all perfect with G7 on main rig too.

Not sure whats at fault. As both the usb devices are working super fine on my main rig. So definitely nothing wrong with these devices at least.

Any specific in-windows settings, services settings or bios settings to look out for?

@vivek.krishnan if you can pitch in.

Update: If I restart windows it works good again buy no idea for how long hours it can hold on.
Tp Link Drivers are updated too.

Last edited:
Could you get a powered USB hub and connect and check? Also the issue with USB extends to both front and back slots?
Yes front panel as well as back. Issues persists.
I dont get the idea of having a usb hub when the same devices work just perrrrfect on my main gaming rig.

Probably the adapter is USB3 and the old PC is USB2 hence some compatibility glitches between the two standards. Happens sometimes.[DOUBLEPOST=1551875095][/DOUBLEPOST]Try to get a USB3 add-on PCI(e) card for your old PC?

Probably the adapter is USB3 and the old PC is USB2 hence some compatibility glitches between the two standards. Happens sometimes.[DOUBLEPOST=1551875095][/DOUBLEPOST]Try to get a USB3 add-on PCI(e) card for your old PC?
Shouldn't it be usb backward compatible? It is sd my main rig has several usb 2 slots and Tplink works just fine in any of these.
It was working just perfect for past one year until last week suddenly this kicked in.

No windows update no driver or literally nothing was installed when this rig was assembled. The machine runs just purely win10, with just firefox and vm workstation with hosted esxi and nothing else. No tool or any mobo utility as well.
It is only used for running a esxi server which too is accessed remotely from my main rig via mstsc. Thus the machine itself act as a some dumb terminal sitting at a corner.

And surely nothing automated for web updates as well not even Firefox as for vcenter you need to hook to a particular browser version (FF downgraded here) for escaping the certificate prompts and further recurring issues.

So you can say the machine is completely Hardened.

What I mean to say is the rig accepts all usb devices but god knows what happens after coupe of hours it automatically disconnects only this TPLink, the machine doesnt hang, no bsod, no lags, cpu/mobo/hdd temps all very cool, no performance issues pertaining to cpu/memory/disk i/o etc.

Thereafter it only accepts the device only if it wants or feels. Else Reboot is the only solution and then its all normal once again.

Check for power settings in control panel, detailed settings of individual items like disk, screen, usb etc and disable any usb power saving setting?[DOUBLEPOST=1551877848][/DOUBLEPOST]anything changed in vmware workstation usb plugin settings (usb integration into VMs)? something there?

Back