Updating contacts via Google Sync Issues ? On many devices always have this problem.

Futureized

Skilled
Google Sync Issues mostly with contacts, since we use same on all Android Phones.
Contacts gets updated, but most of times old records etc.
And lot of issues, if anyone of same boat do reply. with fix.

THANKS.

there are apps to delete/merge duplicate contacts. Use this
thanks.

Problem is:
My contacts gets updated.. (confirmed via google gmail contacts details).. everytime on device as well google.

After few days, it reverts back to 6 months old contacts details (some old backup which exists nowhere)
Checked on Google forums, many like me on same boat, releated to mobile switch in users and updates on google same time.

Weird.. even no answers/ right replies on XDA.

Mine is similar but bit different situation. I spent few days deleting all double quad so called multi linked contacts and rubbed my a$$ creating my own vcf file etc.
And every year or so when i do such sorting it happens that only selective contacts never get synched or even appear in my phone list and bang the same also get magically disappeared from the vcf when i try to export it.

Eg. Persons A B C D E F G H. Now google will never sync B D E H no matter you save them with different names M N O P or what. It seems he simply hates these people personally. It will skip or refrain them from synching.

It happens for same names same nos consequently for all these yrs. The no. name format etc. all is proper still dont know why google hates these specific people.
Now that FINALLY I have sorted my contacts the only issue I'm facing is for any contact the WhatsApp sms call pm doesn't appear from direct phone book unlike earlier or how it is supposed to work.
But without WhatsApp i can see all contacts online.

They never listen to their users may be except for their pixel shits just as its their own baby and their so called os rollouts. But they never seem to be interested in fixing these very very basic things for which a phone is designed.
Fu google.

Last edited:
make your own vcf file, upload it to google drive and use some other contacts app to sync the names. don't let google sync contacts in sync settings.

make your own vcf file, upload it to google drive and use some other contacts app to sync the names. don't let google sync contacts in sync settings.
Even if you do that they gonna get synched back to google. Unless you decide to turn it from account settings within phone.
Also the advantage one gets is about single management console. You dont have to manage another cloud or app account just for contacts purpose.
Ever since started using Android have lost lots of random contacts until I took matters in my own hands.

I assume, we have to start using third party contacts manager for same.. (Atleast me).. lol
Trying various mobiles and various ROMs

Problem not resolved yet.. @nRiTeCh m8.
still having contact problems, switched from vivo to mi and now some XXXXXXXXXX stuff.
Can you describe the issue in detail.
Are few of your contacts lost just how it use to me?
Did you maintained any offline backup or copy of your phones contacts in vcf or relevant formats?

I have never faced any issues with "Google Contacts" It is not preinstalled in a lot of brands. Try it. AFAIK Unless you're on Androidone you need to install it from play store.

Can you describe the issue in detail.
Are few of your contacts lost just how it use to me?
Did you maintained any offline backup or copy of your phones contacts in vcf or relevant formats?

1. Everytime i save contacts to android. (VIA SYNC)
It wont sync all same numbers back..

2. Probably on 100s of cloud drives technically.. (but not anymore linked)..
Even on many PCs.

Some issues @nRiTeCh kindly HLP

1. Everytime i save contacts to android. (VIA SYNC)
It wont sync all same numbers back..

2. Probably on 100s of cloud drives technically.. (but not anymore linked)..
Even on many PCs.

Some issues @nRiTeCh kindly HLP
Ok.
Go to your gmail, contacts. Export all contacts to your pc.
On your phone as well export the contacts.

Now disable phones internet and delete all contacts. Do the same for your google account on pc.

Copy the google exported vcf file to your phone.

On phone download an app called Duplicate Contact Manager. In this I think you can compare both the vcf files (phone vcf and the google vcf)
Try whatever options are listed depending on your preferences until only unique contacts remains.

I dont know if you can merge both the vcfs in that app but best pref. is to copy both of them to your pc, open each vcf in a notepad and simply copy contents of one vcf to another and then mark that vcf as final and your are good to go. Just upload that vcf to your google contacts and sync to phone or you can do vice-versa.

My major issue was duplicate contacts and I did it with several methods and now I got only single entry for every contacts. No duplicates.

Back