Budget 71-90K Upgrade on Motherboard, processor, ram recommendation needed in 90k plus minus

Buy Asus then. I am not a fan of asrock.
Don't go with Asus. I am sick of Asus support. All other vendors had AGESA 1.0.0.4AB BIOSes out by start of December for their X370 boards and I am still waiting on my Asus Crosshair VI Hero for a stable build of that AGESA. The existing 1.0.0.3 BIOS is still buggy and keep in mind this was a flagship board when Zen 1 launched.
I would go for Gigabyte X570 Elite just coz Gigabyte has been better in terms of BIOS updates which is crucial for the janky software side of Zen CPUs at launch.

I had a hell of a time with the bloody Asus BIOS with my 3900X. Bugger always runs at 1.5+V by default which is criminal on Asus' part. Running the CPU without a -0.25V offset (which needs to be done in Ryzen Master as Asus BIOS is dogsh**t) results in the CPU running at 80+C on a Noctua NH-U14S on standard gaming load.

And don't even get me started on getting my Ryzen certified B-die FlareX memory to run at its rated 3200 MHz in the BIOS.

I had no such temp/RAM issues with my 1700 before this.

Last edited:
Don't go with Asus. I am sick of Asus support. All other vendors had AGESA 1.0.0.4AB BIOSes out by start of December for their X370 boards and I am still waiting on my Asus Crosshair VI Hero for a stable build of that AGESA. The existing 1.0.0.3 BIOS is still buggy and keep in mind this was a flagship board when Zen 1 launched.
I would go for Gigabyte X570 Elite just coz Gigabyte has been better in terms of BIOS updates which is crucial for the janky software side of Zen CPUs at launch.

I had a hell of a time with the bloody Asus BIOS with my 3900X. Bugger always runs at 1.5+V by default which is criminal on Asus' part. Running the CPU without a -0.25V offset (which needs to be done in Ryzen Master as Asus BIOS is dogsh**t) results in the CPU running at 80+C on a Noctua NH-U14S on standard gaming load.

And don't even get me started on getting my Ryzen certified B-die FlareX memory to run at its rated 3200 MHz in the BIOS.

Sorry to here this bro [emoji45] I was taking to stick with asrock taichi x570 as it’s seems to be a good board for overclocking point. Now only issue will be the ram. I think Gskill trident z neo 3600mhz cl18 is available for 18k, 17k something for 3600mhz cl16 but it’s not a b-die I suppose as one is also available at 28k which is Samsung b-die I think.

If ram gets finalised, I can then concentrate on the gpu segment then [emoji3166]

There is a 1.0.0.4B bios (7704) out a couple of days ago. Try it out! The overvolting issue plagues all boards just not Asus. However yes it is a problem and i run a -0.15V offset as well.

The RAM issue is something i am surprised about. I flashed to 1.0.0.3ABBA and my 3950x has been running 64 gigs at 3200/3400 no problem and this is hynix which isn't a great clocker in the first place. Earlier with the 1700 i had to manually tweak lots of settings but with the 3950x, it has been complete plug and play really.

There is a 1.0.0.4B bios (7704) out a couple of days ago. Try it out! The overvolting issue plagues all boards just not Asus. However yes it is a problem and i run a -0.15V offset as well.

The RAM issue is something i am surprised about. I flashed to 1.0.0.3ABBA and my 3950x has been running 64 gigs at 3200/3400 no problem and this is hynix which isn't a great clocker in the first place. Earlier with the 1700 i had to manually tweak lots of settings but with the 3950x, it has been complete plug and play really.

I am still seeing issues with the 7704 on ROG forums. I upgrade my BIOS once I see there are no major bugs from user feedback.

The 3950X is a much better binned chip compared to the 3900X and mine is one of the initial batches I guess.

I was surprised with my RAM as well. I tried every trick I know for my timings and voltage but every time the PC refused to POST. So I gave up and went my setting it on Ryzen Master which seems to work smoothly.
Post automatically merged:

Sorry to here this bro [emoji45] I was taking to stick with asrock taichi x570 as it’s seems to be a good board for overclocking point. Now only issue will be the ram. I think Gskill trident z neo 3600mhz cl18 is available for 18k, 17k something for 3600mhz cl16 but it’s not a b-die I suppose as one is also available at 28k which is Samsung b-die I think.

If ram gets finalised, I can then concentrate on the gpu segment then [emoji3166]
Theres not much to gain with OCing over 3600 MHz as you have to decouple the interconnect from RAM or else the IF will go down.

If you can get a certified 3600 MHz kit go with that as the advantage of B-die(which Samsung has stopped producing) is in overclocking.

RAM prices are stupid low nowadays. I paid 27k for a 2x8 GB FlareX CL14 3200 MHz kit in 2017. Love the look of the TridentZ RGB but have to stick with this because I spent too much on it to throw it away after 2 years of use. :(

I am still seeing issues with the 7704 on ROG forums. I upgrade my BIOS once I see there are no major bugs from user feedback.

The 3950X is a much better binned chip compared to the 3900X and mine is one of the initial batches I guess.

I was surprised with my RAM as well. I tried every trick I know for my timings and voltage but every time the PC refused to POST. So I gave up and went my setting it on Ryzen Master which seems to work smoothly.

Theres not much to gain with OCing over 3600 MHz as you have to decouple the interconnect from RAM or else the IF will go down.

If you can get a certified 3600 MHz kit go with that as the advantage of B-die(which Samsung has stopped producing) is in overclocking.

RAM prices are stupid low nowadays. I paid 27k for a 2x8 GB FlareX CL14 3200 MHz kit in 2017. Love the look of the TridentZ RGB but have to stick with this because I spent too much on it to throw it away after 2 years of use. :(
What if i get a 3200mhz which is 2 to 3k cheap ? Wi i be able to overclock it to 3600mhz or 3733mhz ?

Ask primeabgb whether they have such kits are not.

Here is what you asked for:https://www.primeabgb.com/online-pr...gbx2-ddr4-3600mhz-rgb-ram-f4-3600c18d-32gtzn/
The one which you have linked is cl18d and there is one more for 1k more, That is cl16d. But it cost 18k.
For the one which i have shared is 3200mhz cost 14k at most. All are 32gb kit. That's the reason I was asking what to do as so many option and know knowledge of overclocking the ryzen 3900x is a limiter.

By the way can you comment on my GPU thread in the same section. That would help alot [emoji28]

The one which you have linked is cl18d and there is one more for 1k more, That is cl16d. But it cost 18k.
For the one which i have shared is 3200mhz cost 14k at most. All are 32gb kit. That's the reason I was asking what to do as so many option and know knowledge of overclocking the ryzen 3900x is a limiter.

By the way can you comment on my GPU thread in the same section. That would help alot [emoji28]
If you want more fps without the need of RTX cores then go with RX5700XT or else go with RTX 2070 Super.

If you want more fps without the need of RTX cores then go with RX5700XT or else go with RTX 2070 Super.
Will I be able to use RX5700XT for ml and ai ? Also what version will you suggest me to buy for any of them ? For 2070s my bend is more towards the galax 2070s 3 fan version.

Will I be able to use RX5700XT for ml and ai ? Also what version will you suggest me to buy for any of them ? For 2070s my bend is more towards the galax 2070s 3 fan version.
For RX5700XT go with Sapphire.
For RTX2070 Super don't go with the bend go with Zotac RTX 2070 Super Mini.

Back