Budget 51-70k Upgrade over existing gaming rig

fLUX

Skilled
  1. What is your budget?
    • 50-70k
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - AMD PHENOM 965 3.4 Ghz
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte - (Dont remember model no)
    • GPU - MSI GTX 560 ti HAWK EDITION
    • RAM - Corsair Value Ram 1333 Mhz (4*2gb)
    • Monitor - BenQ G2402HD
    • PSU - Corsair VX550
    • NZXT GAMMA
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • GPU- MSI GTX 560 ti Hawk Edition ( Runs most games on medium settings at Full HD right ??)
    • PSU - Corsair VX550 ( Say i go for a 23-25k graphics (GRX 780) card will this suffice or not)
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • I5 processor
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • 8GB RAM
    • WD HDD 1 TB
    • PSU if needed else will stay with VX550
    • Cabinet - suggest best cabinet in between 3-6k looks and cable management wise
    • 3D monitor which is best for gaming and movies and sub 20k - 22 inch will also do
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Will upgrade graphics card whenever budget permits
    • No need of speakers/mouse/keyboard
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore/Chennai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Other than graphics card no
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Watching 3D HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None whatsoever
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Anything which comes out
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920 * 1080
    2. Desktop - 1920 * 1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 8 64 bit

Hi flux,

I would like to add a word to help in build of PC.Here are some options for you.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor.
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard.
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory.
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive.
Secondary: Western Digital Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive.

I believe these components are best for gaming based on your budget. In build, MOBO is the support of SLI and CrossFire technology that means in the future you can add-on a second GPU card for performance, instead of buying a new MOBO or replacing a totally new GPU. The Corsair VX550 power supply is compatible with the system, no need to change.

For Monitor, you can go with any LED or LCD screen from any Local brand; based on your budget.
Example: Dell, Sony, LG, Samsung.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
@DK_WD , why do you suggest to go for an I7 build , the rig will be maxed out only for gaming. Is there any significant performance difference between I7 and i5 from gaming perspective if not will like to stick to i5 build , which motherboard of i5 would support SLI/Crossfire. Also why R9 270 over GTX 970

Hi fLUX,

The reason to suggest the Intel I7 over Intel I5 because of the performance difference between the processors. I agree with you, there is no such difference between processors in terms of gaming but for the other use like graphics work or heavy applications; I will recommend Intel I7. In simple terms, the Intel I7 is the latest version of processors and it will help you for future proof rig. For more information about the comparison in processors, you may visit to http://ark.intel.com/compare/75049,75123 .

The Asus Maximus VI Hero MOBO is also compatible with Intel I5 processors.

For the GPU, You can go with any brand; based on your budget.

Good Luck.

@DK_WK
Thanks mate
I know there will be a performance difference, but will it reflect in the gaming part is what i was curious about ::). Will see what i can accomodate in this budget and go for the best :)

• Intel Core i5 4590 -13000,
  • Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5000,
  • Corsair Vengeance 8GB(4GBx2) 1600mhz -6000,
  • WD Caviar Black 1TB -5500,
  • Seasonic S12II 520w -4950,
  • NZXT Phantom 240 -4500,
  • Dell S2240L LED IPS -8500,
  • Zotac GTX750Ti 2GB -10500
  • TOTAL -57,950.

Back