Budget 41-50k Upgrade suggestion

If I were you, I would go for the i7 configuration. It costs similar and is potentially more powerful. You said you don't want to overclock, correct?

1) i7 comes with iGPU. You do not need to buy an entry-level graphics card unless you plan on gaming (and, even then, you would want to pair it with at least a 1070). iGPU will also provide a decent GPU acceleration, should you need it
2) NO. i7 comes with iGPU

Thanks again.

Yes, you are right, I do not intend to OC unless it has become as easy as pushing few buttons/slider compared to earlier times.

• In case of Ryzen, is it mandatory to have at least an entry-level GPU? Do the boards not come with integrated Graphics? I tried to get the answer from respective websites looking at the specification, but it was not clear to me.
  • In case of Intel, which would you recommend- k or non-k and why?
For a discerete GPU, the best I can manage without breaking my budget is 1030, beyond that it is very costly affair.

Last edited:
Sir please understand. You need gpu for display only. i7 8700 takes care of that. An entry level card will not do you any good over igpu unless I am horribly wrong.

Only ryzen 2200g and 2400g come with igpu from amd ryzen generation There is no other cpu in the ryzen lineup that come with igpu.

The difference between i7 8700 and its k version is that the k version an be overclocked while 8700 cannot be overclocked. It's locked at the default idle clock and the boost clock. Which is fine for your case. And it comes with the stock cooler. :)

Thanks so much! @atiamd

I thought that onboard graphics should be enough to run my display if buy the AMD CPU.

So 8700k or 8700, which would you suggest? As I do not overclock, should 8700 be my natural choice?

I am sorry if I am bothering you, but sadly, it seems with age scepticism and doubts increase proportionally.

Thanks so much! @atiamd

I thought that onboard graphics should be enough to run my display if buy the AMD CPU.
:rolleyes:
Of course igpu is sufficient for your task that's what is said multiple times. Also you got old gpu which can also be used here.
Simply go for 8700 it will be enough for you.
Now you have it all so buy it finally without any further delays or again prices may sour and you might need to wait or downgrade to mid level config.
Overthinking kills the fun and creates more confusion.

Last edited:
cpu / gpu /memory all advance in months. by the time you finish thinking on what to buy, probably intel 9th gen cpu's will be out. and you will start thinking again on what to buy.

Thanks so much! @atiamd

So 8700k or 8700, which would you suggest? As I do not overclock, should 8700 be my natural choice?

I am sorry if I am bothering you, but sadly, it seems with age scepticism and doubts increase proportionally.

For the record, you are not bothering me. :)

These are natural confusions with any new builder. Don't worry about it. But, yes, go ahead and buy that 8700 build. You dont overclock and therefore 8700 is perfect for you. Your task requires an iGPU only, so Ryzen 1600/2600 are out. You can use that old graphics card just for display purposes, but why to even bother, because it will just eat up the more power than the 8700's iGPU and will be doing the same task. Display.

Godspeed, brother.

Last edited:
Friends

Finally, I am going to take delivery of the following components tomorrow:

Ryzen 2600x
Gigabyte AT-AX370 Gaming K3
Corsair Vengence 2x8GB 3000MHz
Corsair CX 550W SMPS
Deepcool case (most probably)

The delay caused is due to unavailability of X370 motherboards in the market and insanely high price of X470. For last two days, I kept searching for ASUS Prime X370 Pro, but none are available.

Thank you all, specially@atiamd

Hello friends

At last, the computer is up and running.

I bought the following:

• Ryzen 2600x
  • Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming K3
  • Corsair Vengence LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz
  • Corsair CX650W
  • CM K380
  • Kingston 120GB SSD
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1050Ti

Why did I finally choose the above:

1. Processor: Ryzen 2600x provides the best value for money for my work. I could go for i7 for higher cost, but the iGPU would not have been enough for my future use, and a discrete GPU would come necessary. Moreover, I would require a cooler separately for i7, and an equivalent to the supplied Wraith cooler would cost me substantially. Secondly, 2600x excels in multitasking and though Ps does not use cores much, the plugins do. So I do expect to get a better performance out of 2600x for the money I paid.
  2. Motherboard: X470 does offer some extra features compared to X370, but those did not seem important for my line of work. So I settled on this board which came way cheaper than X470.
  3. RAM: Paid a little extra for the dual channel, but as my focus was on performance, I felt it was a good choice. Thank you for your suggestions. The MB BIOS needed to be tweaked a little, and voila, the RAM modules are running at 3000MHz FSB.
  4. SMPS: I could save some money on buying 550W, but the difference was not that much, so decided to opt for higher wattage to future proof as much as possible.
  5. Case: There was none other available at this price point and I was not interested to invest more in a case. Overall, the case is not that bad for the price I paid.
  6. SSD: It was kind of an impromptu decision. Settled for 120GB as this was the cheapest and enough for my OS and other common files that various other software stores on C drive. I do expect that the OS is going to run a bit faster.
  7. GPU: Obviously I went way over my budget with this. My old card did not work with this new machine, so at the beginning, I settled for a cheap Zotac 730. Later, after going through a lot of comments and reviews (and after constant "argumentive discussion" with my son), I decided to return that and buy a new one. I was having 1030 in mind and on my way to the shop read more on this matter. At the shop, we also went through few Radeon cards, but as I never found anything enthusiastic about Radeon cards on the net, we decided to go for nVidia. Then again, future proofing took a toll on my budget and I bit the bullet buying 1050Ti.
I know my configuration is not ideal and would not make many members here happy, but this was the best I could figure out after being actively helped by members here.

Thank you again, @atiamd and all others for helping me out.

Last edited:
In most PCs, GPUs share the highest cost percentage. Wish you had studied a bit about bottlenecks. Your CPU is way too powerful for your 1050ti. In fact, for your CPU to be not bottlenecked, you need something like a 1070ti or even 1080.
Check: thebottlenecker.com
Especially, if you intend to use your system for photo or video editing, your GPU matters a lot.

Last edited:
In most PCs, GPUs share the highest cost percentage. Wish you had studied a bit about bottlenecks. Your CPU is way too powerful for your 1050ti. In fact, for your CPU to be not bottlenecked, you need something like a 1070ti or even 1080.
Check: thebottlenecker.com
Especially, if you intend to use your system for photo or video editing, your GPU matters a lot.
You do realize that Adobe LightRoom doesnt even use 1% of the GPU.
And Photoshop's GPU usage is so limited that even a 1050Ti is probably overkill.

1. General PC usage

2. Extensive use of editing Photos and Videos (I am a professional photographer). So I use resource heavy software like Ps, Lr etc.

3. Gaming - very rare

These are the OPs requirements.

You did good, OP.

Nice build.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do realize that Adobe LightRoom doesnt even use 1% of the GPU.
And Photoshop's GPU usage is so limited that even a 1050Ti is probably overkill.

These are the OPs requirements.

You did good, OP.

Nice build.

Well, ignorance is okay, as long as it is not accompanied by arrogance. I maybe wrong, but the future looks different, 'graphics' being the keyword. Somehow, the future seems to be already happening, with GPU acceleration support for LightRoom.
https://photographylife.com/gpu-acceleration-in-lightroom
https://www.nvidia.com/object/adobe-lightroom-cc.html

Back