Budget 71-90K Upgrade suggestions needed

ak_47

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel Core i7 2600
    • Motherboard - Asus P8Z68V-Pro
    • GPU - MSI Nvidia GTX 670
    • RAM - G.Skill 4 x 8GB Ripjaws X 32GB kit
    • Monitor - Dell U2412
    • PSU - Corsair TX 650
    • HDD - 3 x 3TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200, 1TB WD Green
    • SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (SATA)
    • Cabinet - Corsair Graphite 780T
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell U2412
    • HDD - 3 x 3TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200, 1TB WD Green
    • SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (SATA)
    • Cabinet - Corsair Graphite 780T
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Should I wait for the AMD Zen architecture?
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • GPU - Will upgrade this later I guess. The GTX 670 is working fine for all games as of now.
    • Monitor - Dell U2412
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Kota, Rajasthan
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
    • Virtualisation
    • Video editing and encoding
    • Storage server
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No MSI
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Doom (2016)
    • Dota 2
    • Most games that come out
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1200
    2. Desktop - 1920x1200
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    • Linux
    • Hackintosh

• CPU - Intel Core i7 6700K -26000,
  • Motherboard - Asus Z170 Sabertooth Mark 1 -26000,
  • CPU Cooler - Corsair GT110 -10000,
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x8GB) 32GB kit -20000,
  • PSU - Seasonic M12II 620w -7000.
  • TOTAL -89,000.
Corsair over G.Skill? I'm getting G.Skill 2400 MHz for 11k and a 64GB kit for 19k.[DOUBLEPOST=1468312998][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, worth waiting for the AMD Zen architecture?

What is the Seasonic warranty situation? (Not that I've ever needed RMA on SMPS but just for info)

Last edited:
What is the Seasonic warranty situation? (Not that I've ever needed RMA on SMPS but just for info)

One need to ship to either regional office or to Kolkata at their head office. Tirupati Enterprises handles it and service is smooth. Expense would be for shipping. They ship replacement quickly.

hey, going by your existing config and intended usage, i would suggest you just upgrade the gpu alone. (like a 980ti or fury)
maybe even a multi gpu setup with a seasonic psu given your budget.
zen isn't expected until late 2016 or early 2017.
going from an i7 2600 to a 6700 will set you back by about 80k+(since you have to change the mobo and ram as well).
even though it's 4 generations ahead of the 2600, it doesn't really translate into that much of a jump in real world performance.
a gpu upgrade will give more vfm.
e.g. a gtx 970 for ~25-30k will easily double gaming performance.
unless your primary usage is video editing then the existing i7 2600 has more than enough juice to stay on till zen :)
if you want to blow the entire budget then i'd suggest a 980ti/fury and a 1440p monitor.
otherwise just drop in 970/390 level gpu alone and then see if anything else needs an upgrade.
even setting up a raid array would net you more real world performance at a fraction of of the cost of a cpu upgrade.

hey, going by your existing config and intended usage, i would suggest you just upgrade the gpu alone. (like a 980ti or fury)
maybe even a multi gpu setup with a seasonic psu given your budget.
zen isn't expected until late 2016 or early 2017.
going from an i7 2600 to a 6700 will set you back by about 80k+(since you have to change the mobo and ram as well).
even though it's 4 generations ahead of the 2600, it doesn't really translate into that much of a jump in real world performance.
a gpu upgrade will give more vfm.
e.g. a gtx 970 for ~25-30k will easily double gaming performance.
unless your primary usage is video editing then the existing i7 2600 has more than enough juice to stay on till zen :)
if you want to blow the entire budget then i'd suggest a 980ti/fury and a 1440p monitor.
otherwise just drop in 970/390 level gpu alone and then see if anything else needs an upgrade.
even setting up a raid array would net you more real world performance at a fraction of of the cost of a cpu upgrade.

I did a shitload of research and waiting for Zen makes more sense to me. In fact waiting for Intel's response to Zen (unannounced but I'm assuming it needs to be impressive) makes a lot of sense too.

I guess a GPU upgrade will be better. And seeing the benchmarks of the GTX 1070 and RX 480, I'm leaning more towards these newer cards. The only thing that I will probably miss is a PCIe 3.0 slot (but will that really matter that much?).

OT: RX 480 is way too good VFM to pass.

OT: RX 480 is way too good VFM to pass.
At $199 yes, its amazing unfortunately the Indian pricing has been a let down (for me at least)
i'm hoping for prices to stabilize once supplies improve.
current gpu's are yet to saturate pcie 2.0 bandwidth so not having pcie 3.0 is no biggie. (for a single gpu setup)

At $199 yes, its amazing unfortunately the Indian pricing has been a let down (for me at least)
i'm hoping for prices to stabilize once supplies improve.
current gpu's are yet to saturate pcie 2.0 bandwidth so not having pcie 3.0 is no biggie. (for a single gpu setup)
Will wait for lower prices.

Back