Upgrading Mobo and RAM

sreenisatish

Disciple
I kinda skimped on the Motherboard when I assembled my system 2 years back. So, I am planning to get a well built motherboard and RAM to go with it.

Questions
Q: What is your budget?
10-12K

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Motherboard - MSI P35 Neo Combo
GPU - XFX 8800GT
RAM - Corsair XMS2 1GB X 2 = 2GB
Sound card - Asus Xonar Essence ST (PCI slot)
Monitor - Dell S2409W
SMPS - Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500
Cabinet - Zebronics Lava

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Everything except Mobo and RAM

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
Mobo: Good DDR3 mobo compatible with E8400, preferably with onboard graphics too. Won't be looking to SLI/CF.
RAM: 4GB DDR3

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
GPU and so, the SMPS too.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Cochin/Mangalore/Online

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
HTPC
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Mobo : Asus/Gigabyte.
No MSI/Biostar and others.
RAM: Open to good brands with Indian warranty

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
FPS mostly

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1920x1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows XP 32 bit now
Windows 7 64 bit later

Now, other questions:
I believe that the E8400 is a pretty powerful processor and so, I am planning not to upgrade it now. Is this a good decision? Should I invest in a Core i series CPU + mobo now? Or, will the E8400 serve me for a couple more years (at least 1)?

Will the CM power supply be still able to deliver the required power after the upgrade?

I guess that one does not have an onboard GPU. Any recommendations for boards with onboard GPUs? I need this because in case my graphics card gets damaged, I can still use the system.

I know it is a pretty good system already, but I am facing some erratic behavior from the mobo now and then. So, planning to get a well built board.

Glad to help arreee i knew it didn't had onboad graphics but itna jaldi graphic card kharab nahi hota hai pluys u have warantte on card :p

Back