Budget 0-20k Upgrading my friend's PC

Intel Pentium G630 ~3500/- OR Intel Core i3 2120 ~6500/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/- OR Intel DH61WW ~3000/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x1 ~1600/- (add another RAM module later)
AMD HD7750 ~7500/- OR AMD HD6770 ~6500/-
Corsair CX v2430W ~2700/-
[the jerry-rig PATA -->SATA adapater] ~300/-

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Can u provide me the links of these products on flipkart (or any other gud website)

And AMD HD7750 is of 1 GB? and it is of which company( MSI, eVGA, XFX, Sapphire etc)?
And the PATA-->SATA adapater has some model no., company?

Can u provide me the links of these products on flipkart (or any other gud website)

And AMD HD7750 is of 1 GB? and it is of which company( MSI, eVGA, XFX, Sapphire etc)?
And the PATA-->SATA adapater has some model no., company?

Okay here goes --
Intel Pentium Processor G630 | Processor | Flipkart.com / Intel Core i3 2120 3.3 Mhz - Hardwire.in -- Processor(s)
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com / Gigabyte B75M-D3H Intel Motherboard - Hardwire.in -- Motherboard.
Corsair DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMV4GX3M1A1333C9) | Ram | Flipkart.com -- RAM
Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com -- SMPS
Buy Sapphire HID 7750 1GB Online | India -- Graphics card

Pricing on street should be significantly lower (Nehru Place, Delhi).

The PATA -->SATA adapter is a Chinese contraption, I cannot suggest a brand as such.

Thank you so much @ALPHA17 for all your help.. but i have some more doubts :p

Intel Core i3 2120 is of which generation?

A year easily, later might end up struggling.

After a year i'll end up struggling in playing games or doing basic stuff on PC?

And HP optical drive is available online? If yes then please provide me the link? Does it have models as well... or all are same?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much @ALPHA17 for all your help.. but i have some more doubts :p

Intel Core i3 2120 is of which generation?

The Core i3 2120 is second-generation (Sandy Bridge) processor and will do fine for the next ~2 years for gaming and daily tasks; if you get the Pentium G630 then you might face problems in gaming from the next year on.

Daily tasks will handle fine with the G-series processors for the next few years. Core i3's should not enter this problem rut for at-least next ~2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
And HP optical drive is available online? If yes then please provide me the link? Does it have models as well... or all are same?

Sorry i updated my post just 1 min before u replied so u have missed this

And Is there any need of getting i5 in spite of i3 by increasing my budget? As my dad is telling me to get i5 so that we dont have to upgrade few years.

Sorry i updated my post just 1 min before u replied so u have missed this

And Is there any need of getting i5 in spite of i3 by increasing my budget? As my dad is telling me to get i5 so that we dont have to upgrade few years.

How many years do you mean by 'few'? Because in the end everything gets outdated, from the cheapest to the most expensive stuff.

About the optical drive here --> HP Multiformat Internal DVD Writer - Hardwire.in (out-of-stock) at most places, best try to get it from Nehru Place.

Also, the PATA -->SATA converter will set you back by approximately ~100/- quid. Cheap Chinese stuff.

How many years do you mean by 'few'? Because in the end everything gets outdated, from the cheapest to the most expensive stuff.

About the optical drive here --> HP Multiformat Internal DVD Writer - Hardwire.in (out-of-stock) at most places, best try to get it from Nehru Place.

Also, the PATA -->SATA converter will set you back by approximately ~100/- quid. Cheap Chinese stuff.

So if i get a i3 or i5 i will have to upgrade after 2 year or let say 3 years.. correct?
I am just worrying as this i3 processor has just 2 cores..

And is there any shop in nehru place u know where i can get genuine products as there are alot of pals looting ppls

And if in case i wud not get this HP DVD writer.. is there any other available (obv of gud brand)

So if i get a i3 or i5 i will have to upgrade after 2 year or let say 3 years.. correct?
I am just worrying as this i3 processor has 2 cores..

And is there any shop in nehru place u know where i can get genuine products as there are alot of pals looting ppls

And if in case i wud not get this HP DVD writer.. is there any other available (obv of gud brand)

If you buy a Core i5 / i3 then upgrade only after 3 years that too if you feel that the system is no longer feasible for you.

Nehru Place, the shops that I trust are --
  • Computer Empire
  • SMC International
If you cannot get a HP optical drive, go for ASUS / SAMSUNG OR LG drives. Cheerio!

After a year i'll end up struggling in playing games or doing basic stuff on PC?

Maybe you already know this but just to clarify : performance of the PC does not go down after some time of buying. Only that new software is released, old software is updated, to require faster hardware.

So the games that work well immediately after buying the PC will keep working just as well for decades / as long as the PC survives.

Maybe you already know this but just to clarify : performance of the PC does not go down after some time of buying. Only that new software is released, old software is updated, to require faster hardware.

So the games that work well immediately after buying the PC will keep working just as well for decades / as long as the PC survives.

am aware of the fact.. but obv as new softwares will released i wud have to use them (lets say ms word). So till how much year(s) this config (with processor i3 w cores 3.3 Ghz) will be able to run general softwares smoothly (like word, Visual studio C++)

am aware of the fact.. but obv as new softwares will released i wud have to use them (lets say ms word). So till how much year(s) this config (with processor i3 w cores 3.3 Ghz) will be able to run general softwares smoothly (like word, Visual studio C++)

Easily for the next ~2 -->3 years no hiccups.

When i checked Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card on flipkart:
Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

There are showing "This Item is Permanently discontinued." So will it be available outside?

It will be, no need to worry.

flipkart.com lists a lot of out of stock items under this pretence.

An alternative to flipkart.com albeit a bit pricey --> http://hardwire.in/amd/141-his-6770-1gb-gddr5.html.

So i am leaning to this config:
Intel Core i3 2120
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x1
AMD HD 6670
Corsair CX v2430W
Cooler Master eLite 311 Plus

So can u tell me the exact names/brand name/model no. of these components so i will not be fooled by anyone when i go to buy these products(like graphic card are GDDR5 and GDDR3 so which one to get out of this and same in other components as well)

So i am leaning to this config:
Intel Core i3 2120
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x1
AMD HD 6670
Corsair CX v2430W
Cooler Master eLite 311 Plus

Apart from the graphics card which you can buy from Sapphire, MSi OR HIS, the names of the product contain their model and brand name.

Cooler Master, Intel, Corsair and GIGABYTE are brands in themselves. So incase someone offers you a AMD Core i3 better give them a pass.

Does that matter from which brand i shud get the graphic card AMD HD 6670? If so, which one shud i perfer outto Sapphire, MSi, HIS etc

^^ Getting Sapphire OR MSi would be best. Yes it matters because AMD does not make graphics cards itself, it just sells the core-GPU and PCB specifications along with the fabrication rights / permissions.

but someone else told me that "You won't be needing 1600MHz RAM in your system as it can't run it in normal state." So just want to check it out.. btw what does this means lol

Back