Budget 0-20k Upgrading my friend's PC

but someone else told me that "You won't be needing 1600MHz RAM in your system as it can't run it in normal state." So just want to check it out.. btw what does this means lol

Sorry, instead of the Vengeance go for Corsair ValueRAM 4GBx 1 ~1100/-.

Yep, the 1600MHz module will down-clock to 1333MHz in your case. Because your processor is from Sandy-Bridge family (Core i3 2***) and motherboard chipset (B75) is from the Ivy-Bridge family, they are incompatible in the XMP department.

Sorry, instead of the Vengeance go for Corsair ValueRAM 4GBx 1 ~1100/-.

Yep, the 1600MHz module will down-clock to 1333MHz in your case. Because your processor is from Sandy-Bridge family (Core i3 2***) and motherboard chipset (B75) is from the Ivy-Bridge family, they are incompatible in the XMP department.

lol these were the things i was asking here:

So can u tell me the exact names/brand name/model no. of these components so i will not be fooled by anyone when i go to buy these products(like graphic card are GDDR5 and GDDR3 so which one to get out of this and same in other components as well)

And the Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard has only 2 PCIe slots. So i will not face any problems regarding use of Sound card/graphic card ??

- - - Updated - - -

@rahulahuja, try for the following configuration --

Cooler Master eLite 311 Plus ~2000/- (price may be higher, I am not sure on this count)

When i checked it on flipkart.. it shows it has 2 fans.. what does it means?

Does it means the cabinet will have 2 fans or it will have capacity to hold 2 fans? I thought fans are included with motherboards..

btw its of ~3500 INR on flipkart

Last edited by a moderator:
And the Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard has only 2 PCIe slots. So i will not face any problems regarding use of Sound card/graphic card ??

When i checked it on flipkart.. it shows it has 2 fans.. what does it means?

Does it means the cabinet will have 2 fans or it will have capacity to hold 2 fans? I thought fans are included with motherboards..

btw its of ~3500 INR on flipkart

As long as you are using a single graphics card off nominal design you shouldn't have any issues with cards conflicting, although one PCI slot might get wasted with elaborate graphics card HSF's.

That means the cabinet comes with two fans installed in it already, rest you have to cover (if you require).

No fans are included with motherboards.

The flipkart.com eLite 311 Plus is priced very uncompetitive w.r.t. the market, if you can visit Nehru Place using the metro you will be able to get the products at cheaper rates. The cabinet itself should not exceed ~2500/-.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

As long as you are using a single graphics card off nominal design you shouldn't have any issues with cards conflicting, although one PCI slot might get wasted with elaborate graphics card HSF's.

So the graphic card i will be buying is of nominal design na? What is elobrate graphic card HSF?
That means the cabinet comes with two fans installed in it already, rest you have to cover (if you require).

No fans are included with motherboards.
Will i require to have more than 2 fans (which comes with this cabinet) while using the config u suggested ??
And what if i go for cooler master elite 311 mid tower..any negative points wrt 311 plus?
The flipkart.com eLite 311 Plus is priced very uncompetitive w.r.t. the market, if you can visit Nehru Place using the metro you will be able to get the products at cheaper rates. The cabinet itself should not exceed ~2500/-.
Visiting Nehru place is not difficult for me..its very near to my place.. probably will visit tomorrow

So the graphic card i will be buying is of nominal design na? What is elobrate graphic card HSF?

Will i require to have more than 2 fans (which comes with this cabinet) while using the config u suggested ??
And what if i go for cooler master elite 311 mid tower..any negative points wrt 311 plus?

Visiting Nehru place is not difficult for me..its very near to my place.. probably will visit tomorrow

Triple-slot cooler and above is elaborate card-cooler design although HIS IceQ Turbo edition cards will also fall in this category.

If the temperatures are very poor then you might need to add more fans. The 311 does not have USB 3.0 front port, lacks interior paint but by and by is relatively the same piece.

Please do that and let me know what you find there, Cheerio!

Shops to visit are --
  • SMC International
  • Computer Empire

If the temperatures are very poor then you might need to add more fans.

How will i get to know if the temperature is poor ?

And what is this bottle-necked thing? How does it effects the performance? And suggest me a 500 GB hard disk as well.

If i will get a new SATA HD then will bottle neck happen ?

How will i get to know if the temperature is poor ?

And what is this bottle-necked thing? How does it effects the performance? And suggest me a 500 GB hard disk as well.

If i will get a new SATA HD then will bottle neck happen ?

If the temperatures are above ~70° Celsius (on load) then you have a reason to worry that your PC is over-heating abnormally.

A bottle-neck is when a certain component blocks the potential performance of the components used for the complete build. Basically your PATA based hard-drive will do so because on the whole the hard-drive is the slowest component of modern PC because of its electro-magnetic functionality roots.

Bottleneck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A bottleneck is a phenomenon where the performance or capacity of an entire system is limited by a single or limited number of components or resources. The term bottleneck is taken from the 'assets are water' metaphor. As water is poured out of a bottle, the rate of outflow is limited by the width of the conduit of exit—that is, bottleneck.

An easy example for a bottle-neck will be the Delhi-Gurgaon freeway which is pretty good till you hit the toll booth where thanks to the poor management and lane implementation the traffic slows to a crawl and at peak hours there are traffic jams that can stretch for a km OR two easily. The toll booth acts as the bottle-neck and kills the utility of the freeway (thanks to the long queues).

Yes to an extent the problem will be remedied but only an SSD can change the situation completely but as you are not buying that no point suggesting.

A Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB will set you back by ~3500/-.

SSD is too costly.. so can't get it

and do to some work:( i wud not visit nehru place today so probably it will be delayed for a week and will visit next sunday

So i have got some more time to think b/w AMD HD 7500 and HD 6770

okie.. if my dad wud allow to take intel core i5- 2310.. will it be a much better deal than the above with i3? as there is hardly a difference of 3k

And if i get that will the motherboard, ram, smps, gpu will be compatible with it or i will have to change them?

okie.. if my dad wud allow to take intel core i5- 2310.. will it be a much better deal than the above with i3? as there is hardly a difference of 3k

And if i get that will the motherboard, ram, smps, gpu will be compatible with it or i will have to change them?

Everything is compatible, so no worries. Cheerio!

okay so if i wud take i5-2310(2.9GHz 4 cores) inspite of i3-2120(3.3 GHz 2 cores).. approx how much difference wud happen in terms of performance(daily purpose softwares)..? and Will it increase gaming experience as well(as both have Intel HD 2000 integrated graphics)?

Was having luk at their flipkart page so have few queries:

1.Intel i3-2120 has 0 PCI slot as there is not mentioned but in i5 it is mentioned. Is this true?
2. Whats this "Socket Type-LGA1155" and "Socket Type- FCLGA1155"? So they both will be compatible with the motherboard i will be taking na? (wanna confirm again)
3.In intel i5 it is written "No. of threads-4" (Same in i3) so does that mean in i5 total no. cores=4+4=8 (as seen by OS) (and in i3 total no. of cores=2+4=6) ??
4.Since in i5 TDP is 95 W and in i3 is 65 W so the SMPS will be compatible na ??

okay so if i wud take i5-2310(2.9GHz 4 cores) inspite of i3-2120(3.3 GHz 2 cores).. approx how much difference wud happen in terms of performance(daily purpose softwares)..? and Will it increase gaming experience as well(as both have Intel HD 2000 integrated graphics)?

Was having luk at their flipkart page so have few queries:

1.Intel i3-2120 has 0 PCI slot as there is not mentioned but in i5 it is mentioned. Is this true?
2. Whats this "Socket Type-LGA1155" and "Socket Type- FCLGA1155"? So they both will be compatible with the motherboard i will be taking na? (wanna confirm again)
3.In intel i5 it is written "No. of threads-4" (Same in i3) so does that mean in i5 total no. cores=4+4=8 (as seen by OS) (and in i3 total no. of cores=2+4=6) ??
4.Since in i5 TDP is 95 W and in i3 is 65 W so the SMPS will be compatible na ??[/QUOTE
Can some one help me out with this?????

And Is AMD HD 6670 and HD 6770 (both) gddr5 better than the following:
Ati 3850
AMD HD 4850
AMD HD 5550
Ati X1900 Series
Ati3870
AMD HD 5770

4.Since in i5 TDP is 95 W and in i3 is 65 W so the SMPS will be compatible na ??[/QUOTE
Can some one help me out with this?????

And Is AMD HD 6670 and HD 6770 (both) gddr5 better than the following:
Ati 3850
AMD HD 4850
AMD HD 5550
Ati X1900 Series
Ati3870
AMD HD 5770

1) Both the processors do not have anything to do with PCI slots, their number is dictated by the motherboard's chipset.

2) LGA1155 and FCLGA1155 are the same ones, it is like pronouncing tomato.

3) Intel Core i5 has four physical cores and supports four threads; for the Core i3 it has 2 physical cores and supports 4 threads (by Hyper-Threading). For more on same -- Hyper-threading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4) Yes the SMPS is compatible otherwise we would not have recommended it.

AMD HD 6670 is better than the X1900, HD5550 and the HD3850 but falls short of all other cards in performance.

The HD6770 is a rebadged HD5770, so apart from that it is better than all the graphic cards you have listed.

Can u suggest a cheaper cabinet iff i will not have to compromise much against Cooler master elite 311 plus? As it will save a bit of my money..
Will i really need 2 fans for just day to day desktop processing and heavy games (at low settings) with the config listed above

Back