Budget 0-20k Upgrading my friend's PC

Can u suggest a cheaper cabinet iff i will not have to compromise much against Cooler master elite 311 plus? As it will save a bit of my money..
Will i really need 2 fans for just day to day desktop processing and heavy games (at low settings) with the config listed above

Go for a Cooler Master eLite 311 ~2000/-.

You might need more (fans) if your cable routing is not proper.

Alright so for now let us consider i will get Cooler master elite 311 plus

So please tell me out of the two config in which i will get better gaming experience with no lags:

First Config:
(Price-31,000)

Intel Core i3 2120
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H
Corsair Value Ram 4gb
Cooler Master elite 311 plus
Corsair CX v2 430W
HP drive
HD 6770

Second config:

(Price-32,000)

Intel Core i5 2310
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H
Corsair Value Ram 4gb
Corsair CX v2 430W
HP drive
HD 6670
(bold are the changes between the two config)

PS: Prices are approx. just for reference (take from flipkart)

Q: What is your budget?
50 k

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

NEW ONE. I am first time getting it assembled.

CPU - Intel i53450/3550 or 3570
Motherboard - Intel DH77KC
GPU - NO
RAM -CORSAIR CORSAIR XMSS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR (Model No. CMX8GX3M2A1333C9)
Monitor - with IPS Panel
SMPS - Corsair
(please mention the rest in above format)

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor - IPS Panel
SMPS - Corsair CX500v2

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - Intel i5 3450 or 3550 or 3570k

Motherboard - DH77KC

GPU - NO
(please mention the rest in above format)

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

NO ,I will NOT upgrade the following within ONE YEAR OR MORE
SMPS - 600W

Cabinet - COOLER MASTER 370 with 3.0 usb version

RAM - CORSAIR XMSS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR (Model No. CMX8GX3M2A1333C9)

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
From Authorised shop , Nehru Place new Delhi

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

General working and little bit Gaming every thing Browsing, Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Do not want to buy XYZ company product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic

NO

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Normal

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

I dont' know
Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Yes

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

Kindly help

had a talk with few shops in nehru palace including comp. empire and pl computer and they all said hd 6770 is discontinued so not availble here./ nd they recommended me to get 7770 ~ 9k
So will it be compatible with below config:
Intel Core i3 2120
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H
Corsair Value Ram 4gb
Corsair CX v2 430W
HP drive

I just doubt abt 430 W smps can handle hd 7770 ??

The Corsair CX430V2 will easily handle HD7770 so no need to worry,Everything looks good so go and get the components.
had a talk with few shops in nehru palace including comp. empire and pl computer and they all said hd 6770 is discontinued so not availble here./ nd they recommended me to get 7770 ~ 9k
So will it be compatible with below config:
Intel Core i3 2120
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H
Corsair Value Ram 4gb
Corsair CX v2 430W
HP drive

I just doubt abt 430 W smps can handle hd 7770 ??

Today i hav got a quotation from a dealer and it states:
Processor- Intel Core i3 2120 (3.3 Ghz, 2 cores) @ board +cpu 11800rs
Motherboard- GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H

Does that means RS. 11800 include both mobo and processor?

And are the pricing good?

Yes the 11.8k includes Mobo+CPU but the price is higher,you'd get the combo for 11.2k or so unless the prices have shot up,Try other dealers see if you can get less quotes,If you don't get it for less then go for it.
Today i hav got a quotation from a dealer and it states:

Does that means RS. 11800 include both mobo and processor?

And are the pricing good?

Which shop is better for what out of these:
SMC
PL computer
Computer Empire
Cost to Cost

(Like i hav heard that if u wanna buy Corsair SMPS, PL comp. is best as it wud be cheapest here)

PS: I wanna buy intel processor,GIGABYTE Mobo, Corsair ram, WD/Seagata HD, Corsair SMPS, Cooler master cabinet,HP/Sony Drive and AMD/ati GPU

rahulahuja ... hi buddy, I would be going for almost the same configuration. I am interested in the price of Cooler Master eLite 311 Plus .. so, since you are inquiring from the shops there, please do let me know the price of the mentioned CM cabinet. Here in Indore, CM eLite 311 Plus is being sold at 3650/- . Flipkart also has it at 3500/- ... so interested in knowing the price there... since ALPHA17 says that its costing around 2200/- .... whereas eLite 311 is costing that much.

Also, can you please ask the shops, if Corsair CX430 V2, the SMPS has been discontinued by Corsair or not.. because at Indore, it's not readily available, and one shop which is listed on Corsair site itself, says that the product has been discontinued.

About shops telling you price of CPU and mobo combined, tell them to quote the prices separately... so you will have an idea of the prices. Gigabyte B75M-D3H is costing 4346/- on Flipkart. So, it should cost around that in the shops. If not, buy from Flipkart... which is what I would do too probably, because the shop here quoted price at 5500/-. Quite a difference.

Also, once you decide to buy, please do quote the individual prices here.

Which shop is better for what out of these:
SMC
PL computer
Computer Empire
Cost to Cost

(Like i hav heard that if u wanna buy Corsair SMPS, PL comp. is best as it wud be cheapest here)

PS: I wanna buy intel processor,GIGABYTE Mobo, Corsair ram, WD/Seagata HD, Corsair SMPS, Cooler master cabinet,HP/Sony Drive and AMD/ati GPU

Can someone help me with this?

And @CapriAnupam CM elite 311 plus @ Rs. 2900 at SMC International Nehru Palace and it is way much cheaper in PL computer/Comp. Empire than this.. i dont exactly remember the price since am not at home atm(on phone)

And Corsair CX430W v2 is available at PL/Comp Empire but not at SMC

I have the quotation of these 3 shops at home and will post it here.. but after 2nd Nov since have exams these days.. so u have to wait a bit :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow man.. at 2900/- .. that's so much cheaper than here... that's around 750/- difference! I don't know why here they are selling at this much price :( .. sucks!

Corsair CX430 V2 has been discontinued by Corsair it seems.. but the product is still available. I have details about it in my other thread.. had posted in Corsair forum.

Sure, no problem, I can wait... thanks.. and good luck for your exams! :)

These are pricing from SMC internation.. sorry for late reply though was too busy these days:

Intel Core i3 2120, @6800/-
Intel core i3 3220 @- 7000/-

GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H @ 4500/-

Corsair Value Ram 4gb @ 1100/-

Cooler Master elite 311 @ 1950/-
311 plus not available

cooler master 450 wt @ 2400/-

HD 6670/ @ 4000/-
HD 7750/ @ 6700/
-HD 7770 @ 8400/
(ALL from Msi)

Sony DRU-880S / HP drive @ 950/-

WD Caviar Blue 500 GB @ 3300/-

Was unable to contact costtocost and comp empire.. actually they are too busy to tell rates on phone :p

Thanks a lot @rahulahuja ... the prices are good. I have doubts about CM 450 which you quoted at 2400/- ... is it the CM GX450 model? It's costing more than 3500/- here, which sucks. Flipkart also has it priced high.

BTW, you can get Gigabyte B75M-D3H on Flipkart at 4346/-.

Elite 311 is costing 2200/- here. Sucks!

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah mobo and porcessor rates are higher at smc
and dont know abt CM 450 nd havent asked him too as people are recommending to not get a CM psu.. so i wud be getting Corsair 430W v2 only

Here are the pricing from CostToCost

Intel 2120- 5990
INTEL I-3 (3220)( 3rd gen)-6390

GIGABYE GA -B75M-D3H -4190

ATI 7750 1GB DDR5 SAPPHIRE -6625

500 GB SATA WD -3075
500 GB SATA WD (64 MB CHASH) -3490

Prices here are too low as compared to SMC and thats my only doubt :(

Source http://www.costtocost.in/list/pricelist.pdf

Cooler Master GX450 was suggested to me on this forum, as an alternative, so that model is good.

Corsair CX 430V2 was also suggested to me, and I wanted to go for it, but firstly, it's not available here. Also, it's now confirmed from Corsair forum, that the particular model is not being built by the company anymore. So, I don't want to go for that, in case a problem arises for RMA and all, because if no new pieces are available, they won't make a replacement.

I am thinking of going for Seasonic S12ii 430W, which was also suggested here as another alternative. It also costs lower than CM PSU at around 3200/-

And yes, the above prices are really quite low as I have seen elsewhere. It raises doubts for me too.

Back