Laptops Upgrading my Laptop: SSD or Ram?

So I want to upgrade my laptop(Dell inspiron 15R with core-i3 2367M). Although I have 4 gb ram with windows 10, still my laptop runs very sluggish, especially Firefox on multitabs. Have I already reached the max limit of 4GB? My task manger shows me 80% Ram usage(More than 10 tabs in FF, same in chrome).
So do i need to upgrade my ram? Or is it necessary to opt for SSD.
I ain't a rich guy to throw money so please suggest me pros and cos of each before I invest my money.
Mods, if its posted in wrong thread, please move it to appropriate section.
Thanks Techies!!
If I have missed on details, do let me know. I will post screenshots from CPU-z.

If you feel Apps/ Programs/ Tabs/ Data files take a long time to open up, the answer is SSD.
Else, upgrade the RAM.
But you should mention the budget you have in mind first.

If you feel Apps/ Programs/ Tabs/ Data files take a long time to open up, the answer is SSD.
Else, upgrade the RAM.
But you should mention the budget you have in mind first.

Hi. Regarding the budget, I can somehow manage around 3k(which is cost of 4gb 2 sticks). But I am currently facing issues which you mentioned above.
Can you tell me how will it be beneficial if I upgrade to 8gb ram? How much of those issues will be solved.
Arranging around 5k is a bit difficult for me hence I have preference for Ram. But again it depends how much does the performance improve with ram upgrade.
My main use of laptop is internet reading hence multi-tabs with occasional movies.
If I have to purchase a SSD I will primarily look for these.
http://www.amazon.in/Crucial-BX100-...7?ie=UTF8&qid=1458922033&sr=8-17&keywords=ssd
http://www.amazon.in/Kingston-Hyper...3?ie=UTF8&qid=1458921983&sr=8-13&keywords=ssd
http://www.amazon.in/Kingston-SV300S37A-240G-2-5-Inch-Internal/dp/B00A1ZTZNM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_147_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=51Li8Pb1hxL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0SP34BWVJ3QGX0525W2V

Btw, I rarely shut down my pc. If at all, then probably put it to sleep.
Thanks again.

If I were you, I would first invest in an Ssd , since a hdd has moving parts in it and in a laptop it means early failure of hdd, also since my read write speed increases , Windows page file efficiency increases which means performance of current ram increases, once you are on an Ssd (if you don't require space 64 gb will also do) you can sell your hdd and recover perhaps 50 % cost then you can decide if you want more ram, hope this helps

Ps you are running a 2nd gen i3 , so I presume it's around 3-4 years old , check and see if the underside is hotter than usual, since 3-4 years on the cooling compounds on the heat sink loose their viscosity and conduct less heat also the vents get clogged with dust this leads to higher temps and during peak utilization of temps are high the processor will throttle itself and hence the pc will feel sluggish,

COOL HEAD THINKS MORE [emoji1]

Before buying hardware, check the software. I also have 4GB DDR3 but even with 3 browsers open and cygwin and shells and a db server along with my regular apps , the memory usage is only 61%. I would strongly suggest checking for useless startup applications and services.

you can get a good health 256 gb ssd for 4k.
Which SSd are you taking about?? Kingston UV 300?

Before buying hardware, check the software. I also have 4GB DDR3 but even with 3 browsers open and cygwin and shells and a db server along with my regular apps , the memory usage is only 61%. I would strongly suggest checking for useless startup applications and services.

Did that already. Only necessary apps are running at startup.

Back